• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Biden Focuses Prohibitory Ambitions on "Gun Parts", Gun Control: Internet Sale of Parts to be Banned

Reptile

NES Member
U.S.A. -(AmmoLand.com)- Ever since he clinched the Democrat presidential nomination, we have been warning America’s gun owners that Joe Biden is no “moderate” when it comes to gun control. Simply scrolling through the extensive gun control agenda published on his official campaign website should make that point abundantly clear. It is a wish-list for (and likely compiled by) America’s most ambitious firearm prohibition advocates. Biden’s gun control plans are so voluminous and detailed that they encompass not just guns themselves but each of their individual parts.

In fact, if Biden has his way, the sale of gun parts over the Internet would be banned entirely.

If that sounds far-fetched, here is a direct quote from the so-called “BIDEN PLAN TO END OUR GUN VIOLENCE EPIDEMIC”: “Biden will enact legislation to prohibit all online sales of firearms, ammunition, kits, and gun parts.”
Those are his words, not ours.

“[A]ll” online sales of – not just functional firearms or ammunition or even build kits – but “gun parts” would be banned under a Joe Biden administration.
Think about that.

We all know that experienced gun owners like to customize their firearms to their personal preferences and anatomy. We also know that certain high-wear parts will eventually need to be replaced by anyone keeping up his or her skills with regular range practice.

What is so threatening about the purchase of innocuous and commonplace parts like sights, grips, triggers, handguards, firing pins, choke tubes, plus any number of springs, screws, bushings, or other utilitarian hardware that it has to be completely banned from the Internet?

Even if such nonsense gets signed into law, I believe that it will largely be ignored. A prime example is the federal switchblade act of 1958, banning the import and manufacture of automatic knives for interstate sale. Anyone can easily buy them online. Plenty of dealers in NH sell them. Other out of state dealers as well. One of the best that I ever saw was St. Nick's Knife Factory at the Tanger Outlets (right on Alabama 59 in Foley, on the way to Gulf Shores). This retail store specialized in high-end Benchmade automatic knives. Benchmade does not have any manufacturing facilities in Alabama, so the knives were clearly manufactured and shipped interstate, violating federal law. AFAIK, there were no FBI raids at this very popular and successful store.

Even if such nonsense gets signed into law, I believe that it will largely be ignored. A prime example is the federal switchblade act of 1958, banning the import and manufacture of automatic knives for interstate sale. Anyone can easily buy them online. Plenty of dealers in NH sell them. Other out of state dealers as well. One of the best that I ever saw was St. Nick's Knife Factory at the Tanger Outlets (right on Alabama 59 in Foley, on the way to Gulf Shores). This retail store specialized in high-end Benchmade automatic knives. Benchmade does not have any manufacturing facilities in Alabama, so the knives were clearly manufactured and shipped interstate, violating federal law. AFAIK, there were no FBI raids at this very popular and successful store.

That law only prohibits the interstate shipment of autos via the USPS.

If the feds ban the interstate sale of gun parts most online retailers will stop shipping them the next day.

Last edited:
I see what you’re saying. There’s an exemption for common carrier shippers. I’m not confident we’d see that exemption included in any liberal fantasy parts ban though.

Last edited:
Time for Mike (aka drgrant) to jump in with his "How Does A Bill Become Law" video!
Just because Biden sez it doesn't mean it's going to happen.
Even if Trump gets a whupping this fall there are still plenty of reps, senators and judges who will not let these wild prohibitions happen easily. Biden is just sucking up to the March For Our Lives kids (who have not been heard from much lately) with an empty promise.

I see what you’re saying. There’s an exemption for common carrier shippers. I’m not confident we’d see that exemption included in any liberal fantasy parts ban though.
Unless it reaches SCOTUS and struck down as unconstitutional. Besides violating 2A, it also acts to restrain trade in items otherwise legal to possess in most states.

Back
Top Bottom