• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Biden Deputy Chief of Staff Pushed ‘Mandatory’ Firearm Buybacks

Reptile

NES Member
Jennifer O’Malley Dillon, would-be White House Deputy Chief of Staff for a Biden administration, managed Robert ‘Beto’ O’Rourke’s 2020 campaign and pushed “mandatory” buybacks for certain firearms.

During a September 12, 2019, Democrat debate, O’Rourke said, “Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47.”

Fox News reports less than a month later, O’Malley Dillon appeared in a video pushing “mandatory” buybacks. She said:

We are actually the only campaign with a plan…that supports mandatory buybacks of weapons of war. An assault weapon ban is very, very important, and we need to have it. But that only takes weapons of war off the streets in the future. It does nothing for weapons of war that are currently out there.
Both Biden and Kamala Harris have voiced support for mandatory buybacks as well.

On September 7, 2019, Breitbart News reported Harris expressed support for a government-mandated buyback of AR-15 rifles. Bloomberg reported Harris had not worked out all the details on how the buyback would work, but she said, “I think it’s a good idea.”

come-and-take-it-flap-AP-640x480.jpg

I think this woman is smoking!!!

She's a bit thick.

I'm comfortable with it, though.

You are awesome baby!!!

🥰

LOL, right.

No Funding = No buyback = outright confiscation

Confiscation of private properly will never stand scrutiny through the Supreme Court. Sure we can be nervous, but this is why it's been such a good thing for Trump to load the SC. Overall some will point to Bump Stocks. Was there ever a confiscation of them? No. Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that is still making it's way through the courts. It's a slow process, but I'm not buying into the hype of confiscation.

Even paying pennies on the dollar, the Fed can’t afford to buy back all of the AR and AK pattern rifles out there.

And that doesn’t account for Tavor, SCAR, CZ Scorpions, Sig MCX, and PCCs and many, many more....

Their buy back/ban would have to be so broadly worded, it (in theory) would not pass scrutiny in a lower court, let alone the SCOUS.

Confiscation of private properly will never stand scrutiny through the Supreme Court. Sure we can be nervous, but this is why it's been such a good thing for Trump to load the SC. Overall some will point to Bump Stocks. Was there ever a confiscation of them? No. Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that is still making it's way through the courts. It's a slow process, but I'm not buying into the hype of confiscation.
Happens all the time.

No gun confiscation will happen though. Unless we invite un troops to enforce it. We say a metric s ton of crap about cops here. But most know roughly how many guns are in private hands. Even in mass where you can work 300 ot hours a week and not even show up that amount of money is useless if your constantly worried about dying. And if they started confiscating guns police would start having an incredibly dangerous job.

The UN scenario control the media... lie to the troops and bring them here. That would turn into a blood bath however

Even paying pennies on the dollar, the Fed can’t afford to buy back all of the AR and AK pattern rifles out there.

And that doesn’t account for Tavor, SCAR, CZ Scorpions, Sig MCX, and PCCs and many, many more....

Their buy back/ban would have to be so broadly worded, it (in theory) would not pass scrutiny in a lower court, let alone the SCOUS.
30 million at 1k a pop (being generous) = 300 million dollars considering they just printed 3 trillion this year... they can afford it

I wouldn’t accept 1 million for my last AR.

I could use the money, too.

With all the non compliance from other states so far, the rest of the country will act accordingly.

Confiscation is an act of war.

Just like the first American Revolution.

Good luck confiscating 20+ million rifles plus the millions of unbuilt lowers and the millions of 80% lowers. Oh don’t forget to confiscate all the shovels (10% AK lower).

Not that they won’t try but more of a wet dream if they expect anything more than a few percent compliance rate.

These fools forget that there are still Americans in this country who will tell the government to go f itself before they kneel before it.

Gov't cannot buy back what it never owned or sold.
Straight up confiscation.
They keep using the term "weapons of war" yet the semiautomatic modern sporting rifle is not used by any military.
They also cannot take anything from criminals. They don't even want to. Criminals, cartels, gangs like MS13 are the DNC arms length army of enforcers. They want to good people unarmed so we can't resist the tyranny they have planned.

What's the market price when there is no market? If something is illegal to sell, illegal to possess and illegal to transfer than it has zero economic value... or does it? There is an estate tax valuation case where an art dealer and collector owned a work known as Canyon which contained a bald eagle. Under federal law, this cannot be legally transferred to anyone. The estate valued Canyon at $0.00, reflecting it's legal value in the market. The IRS sent a deficiency notice valuing Canyon at $65 million and claimed $29.2 million in taxes due and $11.7 million in penalties. The rational was that the IRS considered Canyon's value in illegal markets.

I just love it when the gun grabbers use the term “weapons of war” and then every bill they propose has an exemption for the M1 Garand, which is the only actual semi-modern weapon of war that you can buy without an NFA tax stamp. All subsequent US military arms have been select-fire (i.e. capable of fully automatic fire, meaning a machine gun) and come under NFA regs. The acquisition of “new” weapons of war (all being capable of fully automatic fire) was completely banned by the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. I don’t think there has ever been a semi-auto like the Colt AR or the AKS issued as a standard military weapon of a major power. To apply the term “weapons of war” to them is ridiculous. In fact, many more bolt actions have been used in combat (think WW1) than semi-auto ARs and AKSs. Bolt actions and lever actions are much more “weapons of war” than any Colt AR or AKS.

Who sets the buyback costs?

Mine is a priceless family heirloom that I put together last week. Hasn’t seen a single round making it mint condition. Mucho dinero!

According to Faker "it's probably something like 200 bucks" so you get paid nothing

Biden is beholden to the far Left and they want in on his admin. The Dems are in the midst of a civil war and I don't think Biden will survive a year in office. Wanna bet that a week after his inauguration Hunter's laptop is released by FBI and the whole Biden family is exposed. Dems tell Joe either resign or face probes and impeachment like Trump Admin. We get President Kamala and VP Bernie and the games begin. No way Joe completes 4 yrs as POTUS.

Gov't cannot buy back what it never owned or sold.
Straight up confiscation.

They keep using the term "weapons of war" yet the semiautomatic modern sporting rifle is not used by any military.
They also cannot take anything from criminals. They don't even want to. Criminals, cartels, gangs like MS13 are the DNC arms length army of enforcers. They want to good people unarmed so we can't resist the tyranny they have planned.
Was going to post this if no one had by the time I finished reading through the posts.

Even IF they were to provide book value for the firearms, it would be a total screw for the citizens. Especially since it's just the first step of many they want to take to strip us of firearms (of all kinds). They MIGHT 'allow' us to own muzzle loaders by the time they're done, but don't bank on it.

IMO, what they're wanting to do is straight up theft. We all know how we treat thieves when they try to come into our homes/cars/etc to take what's rightfully ours. Never mind how they're going to TRY and make what's legal to own today, illegal to own tomorrow. If they think people will just line up for them, they're in for a rather rude awakening. At least I hope so (that others don't take this laying down).

As Ben Franklin said all those years ago: "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

What's the market price when there is no market? If something is illegal to sell, illegal to possess and illegal to transfer than it has zero economic

How did they deal with this when prohibition started? Was all of that liquor confiscated without payment?

How did they deal with this when prohibition started? Was all of that liquor confiscated without payment?
On the consumer level, I don't think alcohol which was purchased prior to the enactment of prohibition was illegal, just the sale or manufacture of it. In other words for private consumption you were good to go with what you already had but you couldn't get more.

Back
Top Bottom