• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Biden bans Russian Arms and Ammo

Christ, we can get drugs, women, children, terrorists, or anything else across the border illegally, surely some enterprising cartel member will start smuggling x39 in. On second thought…hey Pablo, whitey in the burbs doesn’t need blow, we need small rifle primers! Can you hook a brotha up?

Yep, those who paid $3k-$4k for old shitty preban AK clones cannot be too happy now. But I have a feel this Biden’s ammo ban not going to live too long.

Last long? It’s never going away. Please elaborate on your thesis. I’m very curious about your thoughts.
Afaik there hasnt been any import bans that have ever gone away.

Christ, we can get drugs, women, children, terrorists, or anything else across the border illegally, surely some enterprising cartel member will start smuggling x39 in. On second thought…hey Pablo, whitey in the burbs doesn’t need blow, we need small rifle primers! Can you hook a brotha up?
Hmmm...we need some high-roller salesman
who can speak the Spanish lingo
and is motivated to increase the primer supply.

Do we know anyone like that?
4w6ny3.jpg

@Broccoli Iglesias

ETA:
I of course wrote that With The Love,
to use Paul Shaffer's catchphrase.

Last edited:
Yep, those who paid $3k-$4k for old shitty preban AK clones cannot be too happy now. But I have a feel this Biden’s ammo ban not going to live too long.
GOP administration takes office and removes it. One can hope.
Or Serbian or turkey proxy companies will rebrand it and import it in. Will see.

Anyone who paid $3k-$4k for any AK DESERVES to be unhappy......

GOP
hasn't removed the China import ban yet......it's 26 years old.

Last edited:
Afaik there hasnt been any import bans that have ever gone away.

There's been stuff in the past where they sort of flip flopped on things (like when there was mysteriously no x39 coming in for that like, year or so) but generally you are right.

Anybody who owns an AK that cost that much doesn't care. Those people do not shoot those guns. Those are collector guns that rarely, if ever, even get fired. Those guns are flipped more often than they ever go to the range, lol.

And yes, some people do shoot guns like that but they sure as hell didn't pay that much. The people who overpay are usually too busy ejac about the stupid box it came with and the dubious term "unfired" lol.

LOL I was thinking the same thing. Box of 1,000 primers crossing the border via drone? Maybe hire a bunch of kids with slingshots to launch cartridges over the wall?

giphy.gif

do you? that is a Taiwanese T91 upper
what does it have to do with Russian ammo? Is it built in Russia?
It counts as "Russian arms".
I should probably buy one too. An adjustable gas block is so money. Plus, owning chinese military stuff is pretty cool.

do you? that is a Taiwanese T91 upper
what does it have to do with Russian ammo? Is it built in Russia?
It’s a copy of a T91. They are made in Georgia afaik or maybe imported in directly to a distributor there. I never got a super clear answer on that. Mostly my post was tongue in cheek.

They were limiting it to 4 early this morning when they first opened. I watched a guy try to buy 8, then I heard the owner say he was capping it at 4.
They were allowing more than 4 if he knew you. My friend lives less than a mile away and bought an AK under folder from Keith a week or two ago, no limit for us!

Red Army Standard Ammunition is a trademark associated with Century International Arms (CIA), an arms and ammunition corporation in Delray Beach, Florida, United States.
The official spelling of the brand's name is faux Cyrillic, written as RЭD АRMY STAИDARD. The company supplies various sizes of cartridges for designs of firearms, such as the AKM and AK-47 rifles and the Makarov PM pistol, originating from Russia and former Soviet (Eastern Bloc) countries.

Cartridges are made in various countries, including Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Poland. One manufacturer of RAS cartridges is Lugansk Cartridge Works, in Lugansk, Ukraine and its headstamp code is the letters "LU". Another factory is the IGMAN d.d. Konjic cartridge plant in the city of Konjic, in Igman, Bosnia and Herzegovina and its newer headstamp is the letters "IK", while the older headstamp consists of the Cyrillic letters "ИК".

Dragunov prices will hit rock bottom too 😮
I doubt it. Most people I know with them aren't running Russian ammo through them now as it is.

Regardless of what happens with the Biden ban, there are way too many rifles that take 7.62x39, 7.62x54r, and 5.45x39 in America now for someone to not see an opportunity to make money here.

Back
Top Bottom