• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Biden bans Russian Arms and Ammo

619 was down to about half a pallet left when I left today. Still $249. Still limit of 1. They will be good for imports through fall ‘23.
They were limiting it to 4 early this morning when they first opened. I watched a guy try to buy 8, then I heard the owner say he was capping it at 4.

They were limiting it to 4 early this morning when they first opened. I watched a guy try to buy 8, then I heard the owner say he was capping it at 4.
No surprise. They probably wanted to gauge how retarded people were going to get. That was nice of them to allow 4. IMI 5.56 was down to about 4 cases left. Not sure what they keep out back.
316480E5-79DC-4812-99C2-BD71CF157081.jpeg

No surprise. They probably wanted to gauge how retarded people were going to get. That was nice of them to allow 4. IMI 5.56 was down to about 4 cases left. Not sure what they keep out back.
View attachment 514786

That is VERY GOOD ammo.....I'm still sitting on a pile of it and green tips I bought a few years ago.

<SNIP> why are you so upset about being forced to consume Chinese import goods but feel just fine about choosing russian import ammo over domestic production? </SNIP>
First, nobody's "forcing" me to do anything. I'd rather pay more for American made goods. Secondly, Russian ammo sucks. I don't shoot it because its crap. Yeah I got a couple cans full but that's last ditch ammo, and there's a couple thousand rounds of good stuff sitting on top. I learned my lesson after the great ammo shortage which preceded Oblabla's first term. I'm never gonna get caught short again.

View attachment 514786

over past year there have been batches of IMI M193 with overpressure signs like frequently popped/bulged primers. Same with hornady frontier M193. I have a case of their ammo currently replaced by hornady for that reason. might be worth running 20 rds of that ammo and inspecting the spent brass to ensure lot is GTG.

over past year there have been batches of IMI M193 with overpressure signs like frequently popped/bulged primers. Same with hornady frontier M193. I have a case of their ammo currently replaced by hornady for that reason. might be worth running 20 rds of that ammo and inspecting the spent brass to ensure lot is GTG.
Will do, thnx for the heads up.

First, nobody's "forcing" me to do anything. I'd rather pay more for American made goods. Secondly, Russian ammo sucks. I don't shoot it because its crap. Yeah I got a couple cans full but that's last ditch ammo, and there's a couple thousand rounds of good stuff sitting on top. I learned my lesson after the great ammo shortage which preceded Oblabla's first term. I'm never gonna get caught short again.

Russian ammo is fine. Millions shoot it every day and every round of it that hits our shores sells and has sold for the past 25 +years.......people want more.

As for saving it for "last ditch".....you're doing it backwards. You save the better stuff for when you need it most.....you train with the less expensive stuff.

Did Keith explain implications of the import ban? As in whether current import permits remain in place or not? I’ve heard lots of answers on this none of which ai’d consider official.

Did Keith explain implications of the import ban? As in whether current import permits remain in place or not? I’ve heard lots of answers on this none of which ai’d consider official.
Straight from Alexey and Keith, the imports for them through 2023 will have no problems. Russian ammo manufacturers are now cooked goose because of this ban as well.

Straight from Alexey and Keith, the imports for them through 2023 will have no problems. Russian ammo manufacturers are now cooked goose because of this ban as well.
so, we will have a cut-off for all tula/wolf in all calibers after 2023?

Depends on who’s importing what I suppose and when their import licenses expire. We would have to fish around and ask a lot of questions for online and B&M sellers. 619DW had their import license in a clear plastic sheet on top of the GT pallet lol.

Depends on who’s importing what I suppose and when their import licenses expire. We would have to fish around and ask a lot of questions for online and B&M sellers. 619DW had their import license in a clear plastic sheet on top of the GT pallet lol.
sad, it was only starting getting back to .29cpr, and now all this happens. i do not like it much for .223 and .308 but for 9mm all my guns eat it very well. what a botheration...

I was there, 249.99, no limit. There were 3 pallets on the floor when he opened, had to be 50 plus people lined up.

Keith says existing contracts still come in so well be seeing Russian ammo atleast into 2023. He claims if the contract was already signed, the ammo keeps coming, just no new contracts now.

still has guns in stock, including PSAK under folders....
Well that’s good news. I guess I can dial back the panic buying

Can we get them to send their manufacturing equipment?

sad, it was only starting getting back to .29cpr, and now all this happens. i do not like it much for .223 and .308 but for 9mm all my guns eat it very well. what a botheration...

You guys seem to be confusing things here.

To import ammunition.....You ( the individual or corporation ) need a Type 08 or Type 11 FFL issued by the BATFE.

For each lot of ammunition ( container ) to be imported, YOU the Type 08 or Type 11 licensed importer must fill out ( apply for) and have approved a " Form 6" from the BATFE. It doesn't matter if it's one round or a whole container ship full.

Whether or not someone's license is good beyond what ever date, the current ban includes NEW OR PENDING Form 6 applications.
How the guy in the store can say he's good to go until 2023 is farcical. If he applied to import tomorrow on a form 6 from Russia, it will be denied.

Last edited:

To import ammunition.....You ( the individual or corporation ) need a Type 08 or Type 11 FFL issued by the BATFE.

For each lot of ammunition to be imported imported, YOU the Type 08 or Type 11 licensed importer mist fill put amd have approved a " Form 6" from the BATFE.
It doesn't matter if it's one round or a whole container ship full.

Whether or not someone's license is good beyond what ever date, the current ban includes NEW OR PENDING Form 6 applications.
How the guy in the store can say he's good to go until 2023 is farcical. If he applied to import tomorrow on a form 6 from Russia, it will be denied.
Well, that sucks to read.

This is why I’m dying to know. Others here said that Keith said the contracts are good through 2023 so if that’s the case we still have to wait a couple more years before this disappears entirely? Of course there more than likely will be a price increase between now in 2023

For each lot of ammunition to be imported imported, YOU the Type 08 or Type 11 licensed importer mist fill put amd have approved a " Form 6" from the BATFE.
It doesn't matter if it's one round or a whole container ship full.

I do understand that, thats why I want to try and get them to ship manufacturing here

For each lot of ammunition to be imported imported, YOU the Type 08 or Type 11 licensed importer must fill out ( apply for) and have approved a " Form 6" from the BATFE. It doesn't matter if it's one round or a whole container ship full.

Well shit

This is why I’m dying to know. Others here said that Keith said the contracts are good through 2023 so if that’s the case we still have to wait a couple more years before this disappears entirely? Of course there more than likely will be a price increase between now in 2023

Manufacturing and supply contracts don't mean dick if the BATFE denies the importation papers.

You could have a trillion rounds sitting in someone's warehouse and they fullfilled their end of the contract......that doesn't mean a single round of it will ever get into the U.S. without an approved form 6........something that is made clear in the language of the ban that NEW OR PENDING Form 6 applications will be met with a policy of DENIAL.......AND THEY AIN'T TALKING ABOUT THE RIVER IN EGYPT.

Matter of fact, if you can't move your product out of their warehouses, you'll be charged rent......unless other arrangements are made or specified in the contract.

Last edited:
That is very unlikely. The machinery/grounds are probably collateral on loans.
Depends on what % US sales are to them, they could probably work with a bank to get something here too of the numbers make sense. It would have to be a big number to take that risk though, I dont see it helping bring back cheaper ammo, but the quantity would help. Might make more sense to open something in Eastern Europe and be able to sell from there.

Either way we have problems here to deal with

Depends on what % US sales are to them, they could probably work with a bank to get something here too of the numbers make sense. It would have to be a big number to take that risk though, I dont see it helping bring back cheaper ammo, but the quantity would help. Might make more sense to open something in Eastern Europe and be able to sell from there.

Either way we have problems here to deal with

Quantity is worthless when one company is producing it all.......and it still costs an arm and a leg per case.

Only good old capitalistic competition will bring back lower ammo prices.

Given the shitshow regarding raw materials of all types, it's unlikely come about anytime soon.

I’m wondering what 619DW’s prices jumped to this morning when they opened. I’d highly doubt it was still in the $200 range for 1000.
I was there this morning. About 100,000 rounds still there. $250 per case limit 1 per customer

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210821-211105_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210821-211105_Gallery.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 29
Back
Top Bottom