• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Biden bans Russian Arms and Ammo

Tula and Vympel aren’t importers, they are manufacturers. Importers are in the US and have to get a permit for each ammo shipment from overseas. Existing permits that were granted will be honored but that’s it. No new permits will be granted.
Gotcha. So does this affect US importers who already have approved permits with Tula Vympel etc??

Gotcha. So does this affect US importers who already have approved permits with Tula Vympel etc??
Yes. I’m not 100% sure how permits work for ammo imports specifically but typically import permits allow you to bring in X amount during X timeframe. It could be a permit for each shipment or it could be a blanket permit valid for one year that allows them to bring in a certain amount in batches. Either way shipments will stop completely sooner or later. I work in import/export but not for munitions.

This shouldn't affect current supply chains then. Just prevents new ones from opening up from russia for 12 months. (for now anyways). I think we may be able to relax and not panic buy…yet? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Restrictions on the permanent imports of certain Russian firearms. New and pending permit applications for the permanent importation of firearms and ammunition manufactured or located in Russia will be subject to a policy of denial.

So does this only apply to new and pending permit applications?? Tula, Vympel etc aren’t NEW/PENDING importers I would say?.
They're talking about form 6 importation applications.

This shouldn't affect current supply chains then. Just prevents new ones from opening up from russia for 12 months. (for now anyways). I think we may be able to relax and not panic buy…yet? 🤷🏻‍♂️
CURRENT OR PENDING applications.

That means if your truck hasn't pulled away from the customs yard already, you may not get your shipment.

With this potato in the WH, an import ban seemed inevitable. while it blows, there is an enormous market for this ammo so I suspect the American manufacturers will get rolling on steel cased 7.62x39. In 2018 or so Hornady was producing steel cased SST for around 0.60 per round. Granted ammo prices were lower I think they can easily make cheap steel ammo for under 0.50 a round on US soil.
Exactly! Just like they ramped up to meet the 2020-2021 demand! Oh, wait...

I'm not picking on you personally - I'm just extremely disappointed with the lack of response from the ammo and component suppliers. The f-ing tools at Hornady released that video that mocks their customer base over some of the conspiracy theories floating around and showed "Yeah, we're busy" clips of their machines running. There was an implied "F off, we are not investing in additional capacity". Frustrating...

That would be most excellent....BUT......Unfortunately that's not the way it works.

It does, Belarus is one of the biggest "seafood producers" in Europe ... also Belarus: landlocked country [rofl]

I bet an anonymous bidder from China has purchased one of Hunter's painting for this to happen. Nothing like bribing US president to get their business up. This is not going to kill ammo sales in US.

It's been almost 1 year since Navalny got poisoned. Next mr. Potato will be putting sanctions over Cuban missile crisis.

CURRENT OR PENDING applications.

That means if your truck hasn't pulled away from the customs yard already, you may not get your shipment.
What I’m saying is XYZ importer in the US who’s had an approved permit for the last 10+ years for example, will NOT be effected since they’ve already got the permits?? No?

Unless importers need to renew their permits every year then maybe we’re f***ed

The price of Wolf and Tula were undoubtedly putting tons of pressure on domestic ammo manufacturers to bring their prices down and stop gauging. This is really bad news for ammo prices to stabilize. On an unrelated note, I have a case of extremely rare vintage 9mm Wolf steel case I’d be willing to let go for $700.

What I’m saying is XYZ importer in the US who’s had an approved permit for the last 10+ years for example, will NOT be effected since they’ve already got the permits?? No?
They will be affected. Nobody is going to be allowed to import any ammo from Russia after whatever is on the water comes in basically.

Why not to czech this out:

+ We still have Serbia and Croatia, don't we?

S&B is excellent ammo. You know 5.45x39, 7.62x54r, and 7.62x39 are our main squeezes though.

The price increases and availability will be insane tomorrow. I hope you all stocked up very deeply when you had the chance. This may boil over into bans on ammo importations from other Euro bloc countries as well.

The Serbians and Herzogovinians will be our comm bloc ammo saviors.

Tula and Vympel aren’t importers, they are manufacturers. Importers are in the US and have to get a permit for each ammo shipment from overseas. Existing permits that were granted will be honored but that’s it. No new permits will be granted.
I think the Murom Apparatus Producing Plant is the actual manufacturer for some of the stuff.

Much of the delay in delivery of the great primer order of the pallet loads of SPP was due to the process of getting both an export and import permit.

Back
Top Bottom