Biden admin announces $231M for gun violence prevention efforts, including red flag laws

Reptile

NES Member
The Biden administration's announcement came on the five-year anniversary of the 2018 Parkland shooting in Florida

The Biden administration on Tuesday announced that the Justice Department will give $231 million to states for crisis intervention, including efforts to strengthen red flag programs and prevention efforts to curb gun violence.

The Biden administration on Tuesday announced that the Justice Department will give $231 million to states for crisis intervention, including efforts to strengthen red flag programs and prevention efforts to curb gun violence.

The funding will be given with the intention for the creation and implementation of risk protection programs that would allow family members, schools, law enforcement and health care providers to petition a court to temporarily prevent a person from accessing firearms if they are deemed to be a danger to themselves or others.

"These awards will support the kinds of crisis intervention programs that we know save lives and help protect children, families, and communities across the country from senseless acts of gun violence," Attorney General Merrick Garland said.

I wonder how they allocate the $$$ to states - by number of firearms deaths, population, etc?

I post this every time these red flag laws come up, and can add to it every time:

=-=-=-
So the ERPO bills take peoples' guns because "The person might be a threat to themselves or others."

Do they also take the person's cars, ropes, knives, baseball bats, or golf clubs? Do they take away the person's access to high places, or eliminate gravity? Do they take away the person's prescription drugs? Do they prevent people from buying pressure cookers and fireworks? Can they buy a gallon of gas? Can they still rent a UHaul truck?

Because there are many ways for people to hurt themselves or others beyond just guns.

Do they provide ANY counseling or other services to these ostensibly despondent people? Or just take away their guns, thereby PROVING that "they really are out to get them"?

Answer the questions honestly and it becomes evident pretty quick that these bills have nothing whatsoever to do with anyone's safety, and everything to do with just taking guns for the sake of taking guns.
=-=-=-

Show me where in the constitution you're allowed to have semi automatic Assault Rifffle Fifteens that shoot 5.56 rounds that cut a body in half? The constitution is a living breathing document I'll wait

Back
Top Bottom