• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

BG380 New Lasers

Ae1m

NES Member
I had problems with my original BG380 laser, the buttons were not reliable and mushy. Had them replaced about a year ago, really same issues and difficult .035 hex wrench was tough to find to remove it.

Sent the laser back again and they now have a new Crimson Trace (old was Insight brand). Has nice distinct click and red buttons. Comes with a new larger hex nut and wrench, may be .05, not sure exactly.

If you have one with the old crappy white buttons, this is a free upgrade. Took about a week. Just tell them you have problems with the button. Mail back to their address in Springfield MA for the new much better unit.

Bob

I sent in the old Insight laser in with a note requesting a Crimson Trace laser and got it a week later. I haven't tested it out at the range yet. I'm installing a new trigger kit to shorten the trigger pull and putting in a heave recoil spring. Check out www.gallowayprecision.com

Absolutely. I followed the instructions on http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...4_750001_750051_757817_-1_757814_757812_image .

"Enclose a letter which includes your full name and address (no P.O. Boxes, please), daytime telephone number, e-mail address, the serial number of the firearm, and details of the problem experienced (stating the brand and type of ammunition used when the problem occurred) or work desired. Record the serial number before shipping, in case you wish to check on the repair status of your firearm."

I just basically put this info on an index card with the old laser and sent it to their "Shipping and Returns" address in Springfield and a week later I got the Crimson Trace. If there's any delay, I would follow up with an email to customer service just so they're aware. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom