• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beyond confused with the new laws

Hey all. I am sure that this has been discussed before at extent, but I couldn't find anything decisive in a search and don't understand the new regs. I have a simple question (or maybe not).

I live in Mass, but shoot in CT all the time.

Can I bring my Mass compliant Stag model 1 into CT to shoot on private land?

Sorry if this has been asked before. Once I get an answer I will have the thread deleted. Thanks again everyone!

i was curious about shooting at CT too. one of my coworkers has a farm in CT (or rather her parents) and she invites me there to shoot often. i wasn't sure whether it's OK for me to bring guns and/or ammo or just go empty-handed, so 've been putting it off till fall when it cools down. but fall is upon us and it'll be nice chill weather soon enough.
now with these new laws i'm not even sure... can CT guys chime in?

i was curious about shooting at CT too. one of my coworkers has a farm in CT (or rather her parents) and she invites me there to shoot often. i wasn't sure whether it's OK for me to bring guns and/or ammo or just go empty-handed, so 've been putting it off till fall when it cools down. but fall is upon us and it'll be nice chill weather soon enough.
now with these new laws i'm not even sure... can CT guys chime in?
unless you're a leo then who knows, depends on how certain laws will be interpreted. if you dont bring attention to yourself and lock the unloaded weapons separate from ammo and dont pop your truck for the cops you will be fine. btw most cops in CT are not thrilled at trying to interpret CT law on firearms, so be nice, don't give any a reason to have to try. Its easy to get a CT nonresident license so get one while its easy.

Anyone else have any insight on a mass compliant AR in CT?
if your AR has a pistol grip and detachable magazine, you will be breaking the law. even the non pistol grip things some guns have installed may still be under the action of the rifle if they consider the buffer tube/spring as a part of the action.

The 2 public acts (laws) can be downloaded here: Connecticut General Assembly
(near top, pick PUBLIC ACT and the PA numbers, insuring correct year is shown ~ defaults to current yr- and it will link you to where you can download) The two PAs are : PA13-3 and PA13-220 (amending PA13-3) so don't forget to look at PA13-220 to check any amendments to PA13-3. Note: wording within brackets [...] is eliminated text from original law and underlined is added text

Mow the ACTION is defined by the act 13-3...

(3) "Action of the weapon" means the part of the firearm that loads,
fires and ejects a cartridge, which part includes, but is not limited to,
the upper and lower receiver, charging handle, forward assist,
magazine release and shell deflector;

So its possible a tube could be underneath the action ... but I have not seen any ARs of that type of design...tube is generally right behind the rear of the upper receiver. But it is possible.

Back
Top Bottom