Beware of this man

I'm not sure we have all the facts. From what I know, there was a class action lawsuit pending, but one of the requirements was to apply to the CLEO and be denied first, then appeal in a class action setting.
That was how it was explained to me anyways.
I haven't had any real interaction with Mr. Archer, however he has been fairly rude to me with some comments when I inquired about the progress of the above suit, but who knows, maybe he was having a bad day.

I think we need more facts, from both sides to determine what is really going on here.

Tim

I've met Jim a few times, he's a decent guy that has his stuff together. CRAL is like GOAL in that is an organization who's objective is protecting firearms owners rights in RI. It is unlike GOAL in that there are no paid members. If Jim is going to cover legal fees for somebody, he's either going to get the money from the NRA, find pro bono legal representation, or pay for it himself. CRAL doesn't have a legal team, a board, or interns, it has Jim Archer, and a bunch of guys that post on his message board, asking for assitance with obtaining a license to carry in RI. When he started, there were no towns that would issue permits (unless you knew somebody), now there are 15 towns that are "shall issue". Some of this was done with lawsuits, some at town council meetings, and some by meeting with local police chiefs. He's a very busy guy, he's got a full time job, is very active in local politics, and single handedly runs Rhode Island's only local gun rights organization. Maybe he should have returned you calls, but we don't have the whole story. I think you might want to cut the guy some slack.

I'm going to assume you're RIjake on CRAL's board too. Judging by your original request for help in obtaining a license in RI, you did everything Jim told you not to do at the beginning of the process.

Here's a link to the thread to refresh your memory.

http://forum.cralri.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2577&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Are you sure you were banned from that board? It doesn't say anything in your profile about being banned.

Actually, from what I read, it doesn't seem that RIJake was malicious in his intent, just rushing the gun on things before getting proper advice. It certainly doesn't mean he deliberately disregarded anyone's advice, it appears based on the small fragment of what was provided, that he was impatient.

There were a bunch of people giving their opinions on that board, and it sounds as if he realized after the fact that he might have made a mistake in his impatient actions, but I still don't have all the facts.

It's difficult to judge peoples personalities based on what they post on a blog or message board, and I am one to give someone the benefit of the doubt based on that, so let's have some more info. Anyone got anything?

Perhaps Mr. Archer himself could give his side, we could certainly use it.

Actually, from what I read, it doesn't seem that RIJake was malicious in his intent, just rushing the gun on things before getting proper advice. It certainly doesn't mean he deliberately disregarded anyone's advice, it appears based on the small fragment of what was provided, that he was impatient.

There were a bunch of people giving their opinions on that board, and it sounds as if he realized after the fact that he might have made a mistake in his impatient actions, but I still don't have all the facts.

It's difficult to judge peoples personalities based on what they post on a blog or message board, and I am one to give someone the benefit of the doubt based on that, so let's have some more info. Anyone got anything?

Perhaps Mr. Archer himself could give his side, we could certainly use it.

I'm willing to give anybody the benefit of the doubt, but it's kind of hard to justify that when he titles his thread "Beware this man". It is difficult to judge people's personalities based on what they post, but if he is impatient and has a track record for ignoring solicited advice in favor of what he feels is the right course of action, it's not to big of a stretch to believe that there's probably a very enlightening other side to this story. Furthermore, it's not very difficult to determine someone's intent when they end their first post in the thread titled "Beware this man" with "This man has no spine and is a disgrace to our cause". I'd like to hear Jim's side of the story too, but he hasn't even posted on his own message board since August 11th.

I'm willing to give anybody the benefit of the doubt, but it's kind of hard to justify that when he titles his thread "Beware this man". It is difficult to judge people's personalities based on what they post, but if he is impatient and has a track record for ignoring solicited advice in favor of what he feels is the right course of action, it's not to big of a stretch to believe that there's probably a very enlightening other side to this story. Furthermore, it's not very difficult to determine someone's intent when they end their first post in the thread titled "Beware this man" with "This man has no spine and is a disgrace to our cause". I'd like to hear Jim's side of the story too, but he hasn't even posted on his own message board since August 11th.

So, what you're saying (if I understand correctly) is that it's hard to sling the sh*t at NES because odds are you'll be called on it.

Or am I reading too much into this?

So, what you're saying (if I understand correctly) is that it's hard to sling the sh*t at NES because odds are you'll be called on it.

Or am I reading too much into this?

You shouldn't be slinging sh*t anywhere. If you've got a gripe that you want to bring to light, by all means do it, but do it tastefully and give that person a chance to defend them self. My point from that post was to correct what Timbob1 was saying (that Rijake was not malicious in his intent), by quoting Rijake's first post and thread title.

You can sling all the sh*t you you want, but you better damn sure be in the right, or doing it to an audience that agrees with you if you expect not to get called on it. That's not just NES, that's life.

Considering how much Jim has done for the right to carry in RI I think it's prudent to give him the benefit of the doubt in any event, no? As stated above he's nearly single handedly changed the atmosphere around for all of us. He's got a winning strategy.

I know that he is very involoved in local politics, and I imagine that he's quite wrapped up in that and his day job at this time.

Although I haven't seen Jim in years I have known him since the early 1980's, and I'm sure he'll reply when he has the time and inclination.

Considering how much Jim has done for the right to carry in RI I think it's prudent to give him the benefit of the doubt in any event, no? As stated above he's nearly single handedly changed the atmosphere around for all of us. He's got a winning strategy.

+1

explanation?

the Rhode Island State association.in other words.the official association who represents the gun owners of Rhode Island.
Is that what you want?? is it clear.

Back
Top Bottom