• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Beverly man defends decision to hold suspect at gun point

Man defends decision to hold suspect at gunpoint

Love these quotes from Paul Tucker, former Salem police chief.

But veteran law enforcement officers say what McKay did was ill-advised, and could have led to a tragedy.
“As well-intentioned as people may be, it really becomes a matter of common sense,” said Salem state Rep. Paul Tucker, the former Salem police chief. "
"“Your first reaction should be to lock your doors and lock your house and call police,” said Tucker. “It’s certainly not to go out and step in the shoes of law enforcement. Things can really go south fast.”

What a f***ing joke.
Shout out to McKay for taking a swing at Healey and the salem news actually ran the quote.

Bad guy in the area? All you "men" should run and hide.

But don't worry, we'll come sooner or later and clean up the dead women and children. Who could have been saved but weren't.

This is a hit piece on Oath Keepers, concealed carry, and gun owners in general, meant to portray us all as wing nut vigilantes that shouldn't be allowed to carry guns in public, if allowed to own thema at all.

"Police arrive and see one civilian holding another civilian at gun point and may turn and unintentionally point the gun at police". I like to think anyone who has an LTC would know at least the 4 rules of gun safety but I also have heard some pretty stupid things in my time

I don't think he'll end up Fed PP, They would need to make some charges stick and I just don't see that happening. On the other hand, I do see them revoking as unsuitable. Then he has a choice, fight it or move. Suitability has got to go, it's the hammer they can bring down on anyone for any reason at any time (surprise, I'm once again speaking out against suitability).

I wish him luck, he's going to need it, and hope the CoP does the right thing.

Don't see this ending well for him.

lets see if they are true to their word...

"As of Friday, police had not taken any action regarding McKay’s license to carry. He said he’s been told he has nothing to worry about. "

I'm confused how it would be possible for me to delegate the authority to a cop to do something that I'm not supposed to do myself. If it's wrong for me to do something, it should also be wrong for me to delegate that task to someone else.

If he does become a PP, then he won't have to pay those high prices for Glock 19's anymore. He can "shop" locally...
Oh, and all the bump stocks he can afford...

lets see if they are true to their word...

"As of Friday, police had not taken any action regarding McKay’s license to carry. He said he’s been told he has nothing to worry about. "

Remember Anthony McKay a few years back, in Swampscott. Cops advised the perp that he could file charges against Anthony. They came back a week later to arrest Anthony on assault and battery charges.

I don't put anything past the cops...most of them are nothing more than henchmen for Maura & Co.

Remember Anthony McKay a few years back, in Swampscott. Cops advised the perp that he could file charges against Anthony. They came back a week later to arrest Anthony on assault and battery charges.

I don't put anything past the cops...most of them are nothing more than henchmen for Maura & Co.

I do not recall that incident. But in Mass nothing surprises me anymore....

From what I hear the Chief in Beverly is a pretty reasonable guy.
Unlike the former Salem chief who doesn't believe mere mortals should have the same rights as his Godlike self.
The comments are gold and I like the shot at Maura he got in.

The guy went out to his truck and found some junkie with a long record trying to break into it.
The junkie pulled a knife on the truck owner and ended up getting a class A ass whipping.
Man Pleads Innocent to Assaulting Alleged Thief

"Anthony McKay, 29, of 37 Cherry St.,, pleaded innocent in Lynn District Court to a charge of aggravated assault and battery."
Any why did Anthony have to show up to court? Because he broke the jaw of the sh!tbag breaking into his vehicle. He was looking at 5 years in jail, thanks to John Blodgett not acknowledging right vs wrong. The only reason the case was dropping was because Michael Graham (of WRKO) lambasted Blodgett and did a public petition aimed at destroying Blodgett's credibility and career.

No, I don't put anything past cops anymore. Nothing more than henchmen enforcing the will of Maura & Co.

And a license to carry is intended for personal protection.

“It’s not meant for going out and proactively searching for someone,” Tucker said. “It sounds like he just basically went out on his own. That’s not appropriate in that situation.
oh so now a former police chief says "personal protection" is a valid reason for having a LTC.

He said he considered the situation. “The possibilities ran through my head,” he said, acknowledging the possible consequences of pulling his gun out, “in this (Democratic Attorney General) Maura Healey atmosphere, where citizens are demonized and criminalized for exercising their rights.”

“The safety of these children is worth the risk,” he said he concluded.

giphy.gif

Second time today I've used that. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom