Beverly Man Arrested For Woburn Road Rage Incident

Years ago - probably a decade or so, I was driving home from church one rainy Wednesday night with my 11 yo daughter.

About a half-mile from my home, this car comes SCREAMING up behind me and tailgates. "Don't worry, Sam. We're turning in a minute."

We turn into our development. HE FOLLOWS!

I mean ON. MY. ASS. WTF,O??? I was the only car for miles when we left the church. What is going on.

I get on the phone to my wife to call 911 and as I slowly drive down my street (it's a cul-de-sac - I was gonna turn around and head to the PO) he passes me and slams on the brakes.

"Sam, get down!"

We idle in that configuration for about 3 min. Now the Po-po are being alerted. (As if that was a big freaking deal to them. Ugh.)

Something is wrong. He's waving me past with a cigarette in his hand. No furtive movements. No ranting. Not getting out of car. ??????

We drive slowly past. Dude is COMPLETELY drunk off his gourd.

"Dude. Dude. Dude. Got any cigarettes???? I'll follow you, dude."

It was surreal. The cops weren't much help until AFTER he crashed, FWIW. That pissed me off. But I can totally see a drunk guy coming up, hitting someone and thinking it was THEIR fault.

and this is why I dont go to Church [smile]

his behavior is totally unacceptable and obviously criminal. I believe the rager was drunk...totally trashed perhaps... I'm just not going to give victimboy a pass without more details. Perhaps this was unprovoked....but this is Mass and you have instigators and he sounds like an instigator to me. Drunkie might remember what set him off if anything.

IN NO WAY does it excuse what he did. I have driven Mass roads all my life. I have seen my share of trouble makers who initiate crap as I am sure most on here have as well. It is not out of the ordinary for someone to do something stupid but when they get called out as could be the possibility in this case and they back down they turn into whiney b#thces.

Smashing people's cars and pulling guns in most cases is stupid if you are the aggressor. So this guy is screwed. Even if victim boy started it nothing will happen to him because...well....gunz.
No.

Nothing is likely to happen because even if he was driving like a complete a**h***, it doesn't give the drunk permission to perform a pit maneuver, nor to pull a gun. Full stop.

If someone is being a dick, your moral, ethical, and legal responsibility is to walk away. If they're attacking you, that's when you get to act in self defense.

Short of the victim driving the drunk off the road (which though improbable is not impossible) his responsibility is to use his cage to GTFO.

My goal, every day, is to stay out of the news.

When I was younger I had a bad temper and never liked anybody doing something stupid to me while I was driving... somehow I felt like they were getting one over on me if they cut me off or tailgated, etc. and I frequently made it very clear to them that I didn't appreciate it. As I got older and got into boxing and then began carrying I realized a few things: One) There's always somebody out there who can kick your ass even if you think you're tougher than everybody, so duking it out with some random moron (who certainly may be legally or illegally armed) is about as dumb as it gets... and, Two) every single time you drive you're going to encounter a$$holes and you're never going to change any of them, so how stupid would it be to lose my LTC (or worse) over one of those a-holes. From somebody who used to yell, swear, and even ask people to pull over to "talk about it" I'm happy to say that I've smartened up and now I advise my sons to be a lot smarter than I used to be.

Back
Top Bottom