• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best website for reloading info

Since anyone can post anything on the internet nowadays is there a reputable website you can make a search using a designated powder and bullet type or even gun? I currently use Lyman 49th book.

+1
For load data.
They compile magazine articles and other publications for their info.
I like it because it has some out of the ordinary loads or data for obsolete cartridges that you won't find in a regular manual.
45 AR data is all but non existent in new manuals but they have a compilation of data from articles from handloader magazine that tell you just about anything you need to know from light loads to holy $hit loads.
Also a great resource for reduced youth loads and such.

I don't fully trust any data published on the web except by the powder manufacturers (Hodgdon, Alliant, VV, and Accurate) and the bullet mfgs (Barnes is one I use a lot).

I've found problems with some of the other sites, especially ones that allow user submissions.

I don't fully trust any data published on the web except by the powder manufacturers (Hodgdon, Alliant, VV, and Accurate) and the bullet mfgs (Barnes is one I use a lot).

I've found problems with some of the other sites, especially ones that allow user submissions.

This.

i should add that you always need to check multiple sources
i like loaddata because it's info from well known gun writers and well known magazines. they also source just about all of the big name reloading manuals, an source what edition the data is from etc.

don't trust user submitted data. IMR 4198 is different that H4198, and all it takes is for someone to type one thing while thinking something else and you gun and your face are both in pieces on the firing range floor.

Multiple manuals seems to work just fine for me.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

I'll go to Brian Enos forum for ideas. ( brianenos.com )

Then I go to the powder maker's site to check the recipe and make sure its within reason.

I also cross check it with the half dozen or so reloading manuals I have. Some are older, some are newer, but they all give you a feel for whether or not a given recipe is at the extremes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom