Best way to obtain PTR-91??

So I've always wanted either a true HK-91 or an equivalent. Unfortunately the HK is well out of my price range so I've been researching and come the conclusion I will settle for a PTR-91

I've seen a couple at shops and have been slightly less than pleased on condition and I'm kind of a snob who likes to buy things as close to new as possible [wink].

My question is, is it possible to even attempt to get a dealer to order me a brandy spankin new one direct, or is that next to impossible? If so I guess I'll just have to settle for a scratch and denter. [smile]

Suggestions?

So I've always wanted either a true HK-91 or an equivalent. Unfortunately the HK is well out of my price range so I've been researching and come the conclusion I will settle for a PTR-91

I've seen a couple at shops and have been slightly less than pleased on condition and I'm kind of a snob who likes to buy things as close to new as possible [wink].

My question is, is it possible to even attempt to get a dealer to order me a brandy spankin new one direct, or is that next to impossible? If so I guess I'll just have to settle for a scratch and denter. [smile]

Suggestions?

I have had them on order since Nov last year and was told maybe another 3-6 months. You might be better off looking every where you can for a new one.

can't you just buy on on Gunbroker and have it shipped to your dealer ?

Problem with that is finding one that is MA compliant. [sad2] I just looked on there and there are a bunch of new ones but none that my stupid ass can own in this state.

Buy it and have it shipped to an FFL in NH who can change it to make it MA compliant then transfer it to you.

Buy it and have it shipped to an FFL in NH who can change it to make it MA compliant then transfer it to you.

Thats not a bad idea! From what I can tell the only thing stopping me would be the flash suppressor correct? that must be a very easy fix.

PM me. I've done A LOT of research on the PTR and the G3 platform in general. I can tell you what your options are but I don't really want to make a huge post.

The only thing that you absolutely have to keep in mind about the G3 (and the PTR specifically) is that it destroys brass on the way out the door and then deposits it roughly 3.4 mile away in a zig zag pattern. No, really, it's not quite that far but the bottom line is, between the mangled brass and distance tossed, you should not be intending to re-use your .308 brass in a PTR. If that's not a problem for you, I'd say you've found one of the best options for the price going.

Back
Top Bottom