Best Value in Used Pistol

another good option would be the canik TP9SF. can be found in shops for $400 or online for ~ $340 shipped. quality is on par with an HK VP9 or glock, but for a few hundred less.

- - - Updated - - -

Go on gunbroker.com. Buy a cheap gen 2 Glock 22 police trade in for $300 and then a MA FFL transfer for $25. Then buy a holster, some pre ban mags, some ammo and then take a pistol class at Sig academy or another school with the balance of the $800.

^also good option, although personally if i were shooting a gen 2 G22 i would purchase an aftermarket barrel as glocks' chamber support back then was iffy. so would factor in cost of another barrel (~$100), but still good deal. YMMV.

I would go for an older Smith revolver. They hold their value well, and are reliable shooters.

S&W Shield. For a while I was seeing them dumped quite cheap. but they seem to be going up a bit. Still for something concealable, reliable and a good value I think they are the best combination of that, at least in MA.

I agree. But with that said, for more accurate range shooting, the Kahr P9 is similar size and weight but has a 3.5" barrel compared to the 3.1 the Shield has.

I couldn't agree more. I hear good things about these Canik's, but read the thread title...The word "Used" is in there, at least once.

Finding used HK VP9's around $600 with 2 or 3 mags. Seems like a bargain to me for a top notch firearm.

An $800 budget is hardly one where you have to hunt for used bargains....

If I was just getting started with what I know now (which is still very little lol) for 800 bucks I would get:
*Gen 3 Glock 19 - 500ish
*2 Preban Mags (at least) - 120ish
*Good IWB holster - 60ish
Any remainder on range mags (10 round), new sights, and ammo.

If you can't conceal a G19 than the same as above except a S&W Shield, swap the prebans for an Apex trigger.

For $800 or just a bit over, I'd get a used gen2 G17 for home/range and a used gen2 G19 for home/carry.

$800? Get two pistols. With the primary purpose being home defense get a full sized pistol with the largest capacity you can get.

I'm a fan of CZ-75 type clones, which can be had for cheap. Like under $300. SAR B6P, Tristar, Canik, etc.

Then get a compact of your choosing for the occasional carry. Again, lots of choices and can be had for under $400. Then you still have money for holsters and ammo and extra magazines.

Hunt around I scored a used hk p30l for 475. All about the deal also an eaa sar is a great budget gun if you can find one. 250 new and I shoot mine better than my cz. Other than that the obvious non mass choice is a glock of your flavor. But half the fun is the hunt imo

Back
Top Bottom