Best value AR upper

StevieP

NES Member
Who's got the best deal (not necessarily lowest price) AR upper?

Railed Flattop with shell deflector, dust cover, M4 ramps & forward assist installed. Nice quality black finish to pair with an Anderson lower.

Lighter weight preferred.

Not sure I care about T-marks.

Brand? Reseller / website?

I just picked up a upper from karris guns. So far so good. Think I paid 329 for a complet upper including bcg and charging handle. Nitride barrel also. Pretty nice shoots straight. Havnt had one ftf of fte and all Iv shot is cheap junk ammo.image.jpg

BCM. I did notice they are back to charging full price for BCGs and CHs, still a great value

Last edited:
MAS Defense has inexpensive uppers, have one on my AR pistol and works great.
I also have a WW upper on my carbine. Good deal on that too. BCM seems double/triple what I paid it seems.

Last edited:
MAS Defense has inexpensive uppers, have one on my AR pistol and works great.
I also have a WW upper on my carbine. Good deal on that too. BCM seems double/triple what I paid it seems.

You get what you pay for. We have been over this hundreds of times, every month it seems. In particular, MAS Defense is Chicom crap with almost no QC and isn't even in the same conversation as BCM.

WW is fine, just in the same category as S&W not BCM.

You can't pay $300 for an upper and expect the same reliability and performance that you get from a $6-700 upper. If you only shoot 200 rounds a years that's fine but you aren't comparing apples to apples at that point.

You get what you pay for. We have been over this hundreds of times, every month it seems. In particular, MAS Defense is Chicom crap with almost no QC and isn't even in the same conversation as BCM.

You can't pay $300 for an upper and expect the same reliability and performance that you get from a $6-700 upper. If you only shoot 200 rounds a years that's fine but you aren't comparing apples to apples at that point.

^ exactly

Wait a minute. Are you guys suggesting those $300 PSA rifle completion kits aren't as good as BCM? The guys on Reddit love that PTAC quality. And since it's Reddit, they know what they're talking about.

I have both and a Bushmaster and The Lower just holds the Trigger and Buffer crap that's it. [popcorn]Pay good $$ for an upper and BCG.

I do have an upper from PSA that is a SS Match Fluted .223 Wylde that can run with any Big boy's at sub 1 Moa. But PSA didn't make the Barrel im sure.
My PSA --->13043695_571096759734373_5258269628653410794_n.jpg

BCM makes good stuff but also take a look at Andro Corp in Florida. They use Ballistic Advantage barrels, AO precision uppers, and AO precision BCG. I picked up a 10.5" complete upper with BCG and CH for $340.

As long as the lower is type III hard coat anodized and in spec it should be fine. Spend money on a trigger; Aero or Spike's are fine lowers for the money. Anderson, meh: Why save $25 on a subpar lower? What's the point?

The upper is where the magic happens. Invest wisely and you will be rewarded.

As long as the lower is type III hard coat anodized and in spec it should be fine. Spend money on a trigger; Aero or Spike's are fine lowers for the money. Anderson, meh: Why save $25 on a subpar lower? What's the point?

The upper is where the magic happens. Invest wisely and you will be rewarded.

I agree (again), but then again I'm running a bunch of super old pre-ban lowers that haven't disintegrated yet. I've read that Anderson had some issues early on but they are supposed to gtg now. Either way, a trigger is a great place to budget some cash.

I looked at the Anderson lower next to like, four other brands. I like the look & feel of the machining. Seems like a quality piece.

I have a POF EFP trigger left over from a previous project. It's already in.

I'll keep my eye out for a stripped BCM upper when someone has them in stock.

Then start saving up for a barrel by end of summer.

After that, it'll come together quickly.

Last edited:
I looked at the Anderson lower next to like, four other brands. I like the look & feel of the machining. Seems like a quality piece.

I have a POF EFP trigger left over from a previous project. It's already in.

I'll keep my eye out for a stripped BCM upper when someone has them in stock.

Then start saving up for a barrel by end of summer.

After that, it'll come together quickly.

Honestly I think we figured you were asking about barreled uppers. Stripped uppers are like lowers for the most part.

BCM, Aero, Spike's...

Back
Top Bottom