Best tactical style scope for AR15 w/ carry handle?

Title pretty much says it all. Looking for something relatively inexpensive, but something that can be removed and hold zero. Doesn't need to be a very long range scope, but something to quick sight, and maybe get some manification, but again I don't need tons of mag. Also, think I would prefer a non red dot style. I have never been a big fan as I don't like having something covering my target. But I will keep my eyes open. I have seen lots of stuff when searching, but I would like to know from people who have tried them. Any pics of what you have too? Thanks.

Not much out there that is removable that will hold perfect zero. I have an ACOG, just got it last week and am loving it. Here are some pics of it that I just took.

Are you looking for tactical or tacti-cool?

A Bushnell Trophy sight is in the 150-200 range and is a nice sight.

I had a cheap Eurolux 4x "Colt Style" carry handle scope on my Colt AR-15 detachable carry handle. It was about $30.00 and defied the logic of "you get what you pay for". I put many thousands of rounds through that Colt with that cheap optic on deck and it never failed, had BDC and held zero. Would I get lucky again? Who knows? It was many years ago. If you want an authentic Colt AR-15/M-16 carry handle 4x scope, then prepare to pay for an original, or look for a Hakko - a lot less bread for the exact same thing. They were the OEM for Colt and still make them. I want one for my next build...

I had one of the Hakko scopes, but I ended up actually using this Tasco "World Class" 3-9x40 scope. It's not tactical, but it's a really good scope, bright and sharp all the way to the edges.

IMG_5519_800.JPG

Not much out there that is removable that will hold perfect zero. I have an ACOG, just got it last week and am loving it. Here are some pics of it that I just took.

Can you use the iron sights while the scope is mounted?

Back
Top Bottom