• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best Storage Solution for Handguns?

off the top of my head, the argument would be that a "room" isn't a secured "container"

The MA SJC declared that in a case where the initial warrantless search already was a 4th Amendment violation. A vault is not considered safe storage while a safe or trigger lock is. Fricken stupid.

I too like the toolbox idea. I wonder how sturdy the lock mechanisms are on them, vs a stack on cabinet? Opening a drawer to have your pistols inside sounds nice!

Some of the higher end tool cabinets seem to have pretty good locks. Though those tend to be as expensive as a good safe and just as hard to move up steps (easy to roll though)...

Post #28 nails it. Theres already case law on it. Before you say, "well that is ****ing retardedly stupid", Ill tell you that yes, it is beyond ****ing retardedly stupid lol.
If you put a vault door on your bedroom, its still a bedroom with a vault door. The room in that picture looks like a conference room or something, but either way, it just shows you how ridiculous Massachusetts is.

Yep, especially when a cheap sheetmetal Stack-on cabinet would be considered in compliance, lol![rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom