Best Shot Timer?

Hi all, looking to see what folks think is the best shot timer. I am considering the Pocket Pro II, the CED 7000, and the PACT Club Timer III - all are about $129. Any thought on this? Thanks.

Hi all, looking to see what folks think is the best shot timer. I am considering the Pocket Pro II, the CED 7000, and the PACT Club Timer III - all are about $129. Any thought on this? Thanks.

Dumb thought... is there an app for this? I'm thinking Android/iPhone.

Dumb thought... is there an app for this? I'm thinking Android/iPhone.

I tried the surefire app for iphone. That, for iphone 3gs, is buggy & the developer has an update that's yet to appear.

On the Droid I tried an IPSC timer app. I noticed that it detects each shot multiple times. Developer said he would work on echo control. Doesn't detect dry fire. That the developer blamed on my Moto Droid.

I saw the SO at the match over this weekend use the Pocket Pro II which was also recommended by another shooter. I haven't used it though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Lots of clubs use the Pocket Pro, many shooters are familiar with them. Made in USA

I used a CED 7000, also a good timer, but if you toss it to someone else, get ready to give a short class on how to work it. Optional remote displays, ect

I also used a PACT, it just seemed too big and clumsy for my liking. Made in USA

I ended up buying a Pocket Pro through Brownell's. IIRC, Brownell's put their guarantee on it also. Couldn't go wrong with that. YMMV.

What is the timer for? Is it for use at a match? Or for when you go to the range to practice? A good match timer won't have as much flexibility to use when you are practicing at the range. And, a good personal timer may not be the best choice to use when running matches.

-Cuz.

I've got a CED 7000. I haven't used it for that long. So far, so good. The buttons are a bit small, and it doesn't have a belt clip, which is unfortunate. It does support PAR times, which I use for practice. It also has a soft setting for the beep, which is very important when I'm doing dry practice in the basement.

I've used a PACT timer at matches, and that seemed to work well.

I am on my 4th CED 7000, they just don't last for me. I picked up a Pack 3 and it has been going strong for a while

You need to stop shooting them, that's not how they work.

I have the same timer and had to send mine back once. The screen on the timer cut out on me. This happened again a few weeks ago and then came back after a few days. Doesn't seem to reliable in my opinoin.

Holy thread resurrection batman!

So I was searching for a recommendation on a shot timer. Seems there was an annual thread on this 2009 - 2011, then nothing. I brought this one back because of the OPs post

Seems like seven years later there are the three same choices, at the same price.

CED 7000, Pocket Pro II, and PACT club series three. There is a watch version now, but Im so hard on watches, that is out for me.

Im leaning on a CED 7000, mainly because it can go past a 99 sec par time (Im looking for 150 sec for some stages) But I can work with the 99 sec part time max on other units

Anyone have any new insight on who has a more reliable or more bullet proof unit of the three? Anything better out there that I missed? Thanks.

I value reliability / ease of use more than price.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom