• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best Shop for Surp Ammo?

TBalls

NES Member
Anyone have suggestions for local shops with good prices on milsurp ammo? I'm specifically looking for 7.62x54r. Preferable locations would be MA (Worcester to Boston), or even southern NH (Nashua - Manchester range).

Obviously there seem to be some great deals online, but..................this state sucks on so many levels.

Bron Classic Firearms
572 Main Street, Fiskdale, MA 01518
(508) 347-5580 ‎

He has the 440 round spam cans not sure on the price but his prices are fair plus he stocks all the hard to find mil surplus ammo too. Always has a good selection of milsurplus guns in stock and he is a great guy to shoot the shit with.

I bought a case of 8mm Yugo, 1953, from him in February for $235 out the door. Beat my downtown store by $100.

MS

Rileys in New Hampshire and then gun shows in NEW HAMPSHIRE . Concords coming up. Anything over 90 bucks is a rip off..dont tell my boss i said that.
Rileys had 7.62x39 Golden Tiger at his shop for 200 a case. I know its not what your looking for but check with him often. I recently bought 880 rounds of Russian 1980 for 79 bucks a tin.....

I picked up a bunch of 54r from GFA Armstech in Natick when I bought my Mosin-Nagant from them last week.

-JR

Rileys in New Hampshire and then gun shows in NEW HAMPSHIRE . Concords coming up. Anything over 90 bucks is a rip off..dont tell my boss i said that.
Rileys had 7.62x39 Golden Tiger at his shop for 200 a case. I know its not what your looking for but check with him often. I recently bought 880 rounds of Russian 1980 for 79 bucks a tin.....

I'll definitely need to check it out the next time I'm in the Manchester area.

I picked up a bunch of 54r from GFA Armstech in Natick when I bought my Mosin-Nagant from them last week.

-JR

GFA, eh? He's right around the corner from me (basically). Cool.

Thanks for the input.

Greg always has a lot of stuff at GFA. If you are in the Manchester area you should swing into Manchester Firing Line. I have bought a ton of surplus ammo there (54R, 8mm, etc...) for really cheap prices.

I'll definitely need to check it out the next time I'm in the Manchester area.

GFA, eh? He's right around the corner from me (basically). Cool.

Thanks for the input.

I'm not sure of prices on your particular ammo--but do give Callaghan's in Marlboro a call.

He is at 7 Mechanic Street, Marlborough, MA- (508) 481-2051

I was actually pretty impressed with his selection of milsurp ammo, but I don't know if the price is competitive with what you usually pay or not.

You can maybe ask him for a price over the phone.

--Warm_Garand

Blue Northern in Ayer usually has a stock of 7.62x54R on the floor, along with a bunch of other stuff. Super great guys there, too. Right on 110, and fairly close to both Rt 2 and 495

I'm not sure of prices on your particular ammo--but do give Callaghan's in Marlboro a call.

He is at 7 Mechanic Street, Marlborough, MA- (508) 481-2051

I was actually pretty impressed with his selection of milsurp ammo, but I don't know if the price is competitive with what you usually pay or not.

You can maybe ask him for a price over the phone.

--Warm_Garand

I was in there a couple of weeks ago. I didn't notice any surp 54r, but his prices on new "regular" ammo seemed quite high.

Back
Top Bottom