Best semi-auto .308

I don't know anything about the LAR-8 (track record, reliability, etc.) It does seem to solve the hi cap mag issue associated with .308's using proprietary mags. However, you are looking at about 1,200.00 for the rifle. Does that get you more bang for the buck than a 650.00 FAL?

You know i'm not really sure. I want a rifle that i can easily scope, be able to pop the scope off and use the iron sights and will shoot well over long distances. If an FAL can do that i might consider it.

Update......imm looking at a ar-10 dpms in 308.....i still dont know a hell of alot about it....

I think im in compliance with gods General Order there.

I would need to remove all of my rifles from the safes and lay them all out to be sure.

It would be easier to just buy another one to make sure im in compliance.

Are you sure he didnt say everyone must own a FN FAL ?

I know for a fact im covered there, I can see at least 3 or 4 in the front row.

I talked to God - he wants everyone to have an M1A....[wink]

I think im in compliance with gods General Order there.

I would need to remove all of my rifles from the safes and lay them all out to be sure.

It would be easier to just buy another one to make sure im in compliance.

Are you sure he didnt say everyone must own a FN FAL ?

I know for a fact im covered there, I can see at least 3 or 4 in the front row.

No, he was pretty clear on the M1A, but I'm certain his son is an FAL fan, so you're good...For now...[wink]

Get a FAL clone, the mags are way cheaper and much easier to find...AR-10 platform is very expensive but well worth in my eyes..especially when it comes down to finding mags..if you can find 20 rounders they will cost you $80+ each. especially around this panic time.

i know this because i own both a DSA stg58 FAL and an Armalite AR-10.

and i think the pre-ban FAL mags ran me $15-20 a piece which i found on gunbroker!(one of the best places to find pre-ban anything)

and the pre-ban gen1 armalite 20 round mags were a hefty $70-80 a pop. (search on gunbroker they pop up all the time) ..but be ready to bid your paycheck away!

if your looking to do any hunting get the AR-10 you can always slap a 5 round mag and go hunting with it. its lighter and a little more accurate then the FAL (my ar-10 is an h-bar) & allows flexiblity of changing your upper with a wide variety of possiblities.

if you get a DPMS AR-10 you will be very limited with mags if you live in MA..because youll need to buy thier mags which are postban, because the reciever is designed differently. if you want pre-ban 20 rounders , you would have to get the original vietnam era waffle armalite ar-10 mags, that cost some where around $100 each or more. i believe those will fit according to the DPMS site FAQ.

CMMG is marketing a .308 AR lower thta accepts H&K mags which are said to be available for $5 each. The lower is pricey at just under $500 retail.

Back
Top Bottom