1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Best removable holster for owb concealed carry

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by SigSlinger508, Apr 12, 2019.

1. SigSlinger508

SigSlinger508

Trying to find the best OWB holster for my shield w/tlr-6.

Requirements are that it has good natural retention, so likely kydex only rather than a hybrid.

Also, I need to be able to discretely remove the firearm and holster from my belt, so no holsters where the belt feeds through loops.

I believe this leaves a paddle type holster, but all the ones ive ever used are too bulk and obvious even under a cover garment. I need it to be close to my body and sit flush almost to my side.

Any suggestions are welcome!

2. Slotheadslim

Slotheadslim NES Member

My favorite OWB holster is a StealthGear Flex.

See:

Ventcore® OWB FLEX Holster (Outside the Waistband)

They make a model specific for the Shield with a TLR6. The standard model comes with loops which aren’t quick off/on but you can purchase accessory speed clips which are for $9.00:

Polymer OWB Speed Clip

I don’t have the speed clips on mine (I use it with a H&K P30SK) but the holster is really great. I like it so much I have one on order for my P229 Legion. It has super retention, excellent fit, incredibly comfortable. Whatever you choose good luck in your search.

Tom

SigSlinger508 likes this.