• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best red dot for ar15

Yeah......I know I'm going to start world war 3 but, I have a new Ruger AR 556 and am leaning towards vortex sparc II......good idea or no ?

I've been happy with $99 Primary Arms red dots and $400 Aimpoint PROs. There's a ton of others out there, you need to figure out your budget and intended usage.

For strictly range use, Primary Arms are hard to beat for the money.

Absolutely under $400.....googled "best red dot" and it was overwhelming

What you should do is say, up to $100, $100-200, $200-300, $300-$400

I have been looking into the Lucid HD7 and with some YouTube coupon I have found it to be $179 plus shipping. I will say it does look like ACOG and AIMPOINT mated and had a red headed stepchild together.

Best, Aimpoint T1 no question.

Best value, Bushnell TRS-25

Haven't seen the Vortex Spark but i've been satisfied with my vortex rifle scope. I'd go for that if you like it and thats what you want to spend.

Last edited:
For $400, the AimPoint is the benchmark. Everything else suggested (other than the T1) is a knock-off or imitation. Get an AimPoint PRO for $350 and don't look back.

How is the C More with being dropped in the mud, rocks, and such? Flare, blooming, dot washed out in the sun/snow?

How is the C More with being dropped in the mud, rocks, and such? Flare, blooming, dot washed out in the sun/snow?

I can tell you a dude next to me with a C-More spent a ton of time trying to zero his rifle in the middle of an expensive, high volume class to no avail and bunch of wasted time and ammo. The next morning a few of us came in early and brought back up optics for him to swap out and get a zero with before class started. That was enough for me to stick with what has always worked for me, Aimpoints and 1-4x's.

I can tell you a dude next to me with a C-More spent a ton of time trying to zero his rifle in the middle of an expensive, high volume class to no avail and bunch of wasted time and ammo. The next morning a few of us came in early and brought back up optics for him to swap out and get a zero with before class started. That was enough for me to stick with what has always worked for me, Aimpoints and 1-4x's.

yep, they don'y hold zero well unless you use blue loctite on the windage screw. The plastic ones crack if you tighten down the lock screws and the bodies crack if you tighten down the lock screws to hard. The aluminum one are better, but not great

I have several AimPoint M4's and we are pretty rough with them. Neither the battery nor the lens has been a problem.

The AR I shoot out to 200m has a 1-6x on it but that is out of this price range.

Best, Aimpoint T1 no question.

Best value, Bushnell TRS-25

Haven't seen the Vortex Spark but i've been satisfied with my vortex rifle scope. I'd go for that if you like it and thats what you want to spend.

My feelings exactly. I have 2 micro T1s on my "real" guns, and Bushnell TRS 25s on the "toys".

One thing I'd suggest the OP consider is a 1-4 scope. They are nearly as fast as a red dot at 1x and at 4x allow accurate fire out past 200 yards.

Don

Toy AR with Bushnell Elite 1-4 in a AeroPrecision mount. ($500)

Toy .22 AR with Bushnell on YHM riser. ($100 with riser)

"Real" AR, lives in the bedroom for HD use. (Micro T1)

Back
Top Bottom