Best rear BUS for a stock AR front sight.

My backups are just that, emergency backups. My Windham came with ARMS 71's, which I like and price is good, but they made it to my boycott list. Ruger's are affordable, but the rear peep is too small for my liking. I got a set of used Midwest from an NES member, and I like those a lot. Troy is on the boycott list and Diamondhead are too expensive for me to justify as a backup.

I needed a back up rear quickly a few weeks ago, bought a new magpul plain old polymer rear for 32 bucks and you know what, works as good as those fancy $100 rears. I see no reason to replace it with something better....I mean more expensive.

If you dont mind not having tacticool flip up rears LMT and DD make great fixed sights that go on a pic rail.

ETA: Everyone should mind buying troy.

I have a MBUS Pro set on a scoped carbine, and a DD1.5 with a standard FSP on an other. For their purposes, they work very well. I have used the LMT fixed rear on the MK18's while in the Navy and liked it well enough. When I get around to my Mod 0 clone I will be putting one on it.

If you are being cheap or building a plinker, the plastic MBUS's do the job.

If you dont mind not having tacticool flip up rears LMT and DD make great fixed sights that go on a pic rail.

ETA: Everyone should mind buying troy.
Funny you mentioned the DD fixed rear, that's what I took off and replaced it with the magpul folding. I had installed a red dot and the DD made it look too busy, it 100% co witnessed and you saw a lot of it in the sight picture.

not mentioned is some front sights are marked with an "F" and some are not... there's a height difference.... i don't know if that affects the add-on rear or not because i don't use them and can't be bothered to research it...... someone post if that makes a difference.....

From what I read Troy unknowingly hired a former chief of police who was anti gun, then quickly fired him. Also hired the spotter for that notorious Ruby Ridge sniper. Not big enough for me to boycott them, but it is for some.

From what I read Troy unknowingly hired a former chief of police who was anti gun, then quickly fired him. Also hired the spotter for that notorious Ruby Ridge sniper. Not big enough for me to boycott them, but it is for some.

You have no problems with a dude that testified that he had no problems with the rules of engagement that was setup up for ruby ridge . And said he would of taken the shot that killed a unarmed women holding a baby ....

You have no problems with a dude that testified that he had no problems with the rules of engagement that was setup up for ruby ridge . And said he would of taken the shot that killed a unarmed women holding a baby ....

Exactly! To me that is much worse than hiring an anti ex-chief of police.

He could be an a-hole, even a goose-stepping fascist, but he was just hired as an instructor, not to make policy. I work for a big company, there are numerous a-holes, there was even a cross-dresser. These guys get hired cause their boss knows them or whatever, not because the people that run the company like a-holes and cross-dressers, they often don't even know who gets hired.

So a big company like Troy having one of their subsidiaries hire some a-hole to be a low-level peon doesn't equate with a boycott, imo.

Last edited:
He could be an *******, even a goose-stepping fascist, but he was just hired as an instructor, not to make policy. I work for a big company, there are numerous *******s, there was even a cross-dresser. These guys get hired cause their boss knows them or whatever, not because the people that run the company like *******s and cross-dressers, they often don't even know who gets hired.

So a big company like Troy having one of their subsidiaries hire some a-hole to be a low-level peon doesn't equate with a boycott, imo.

Dude take a chill pill.
Look up the threads and responses from Troy . You'll clearly see it's not a matter of some lower ranking guy hiring a friend . The president of Troy press release was pretty ****ing clear where he stands on this matter .

Dude take a chill pill.
Look up the threads and responses from Troy . You'll clearly see it's not a matter of some lower ranking guy hiring a friend . The president of Troy press release was pretty ****ing clear where he stands on this matter .

I read the response, sounded reasonable to me (shrug).

On August 22, 1992, Dale was an HRT Operator tasked to a mission in which he found himself facing armed adversaries. His thoughts were not only on the situation at hand, but the tragic death of a child and a U.S. Marshal. During this type of confrontation when people die, you don’t have the ability to pick sides, they are drawn before you arrive. Dale did what he was trained to do as a sniper / observer. He was fortunate not to have to take a life at this engagement. Special Agent Horiuchi made the regrettable shot, a mistake for which he will never be forgiven. Of the FBI Agents assigned to the Ruby Ridge tragedy, Dale has been one of the most outspoken. He has delivered dozens of presentations to more than 1000 civilians titled “Mistakes and Lessons of Ruby Ridge”. - See more at: http://www.thebangswitch.com/the-hiring-follies-of-troy-industries/#sthash.HC9SHg0O.dpuf

I read the response, sounded reasonable to me (shrug).

On August 22, 1992, Dale was an HRT Operator tasked to a mission in which he found himself facing armed adversaries. His thoughts were not only on the situation at hand, but the tragic death of a child and a U.S. Marshal. During this type of confrontation when people die, you don’t have the ability to pick sides, they are drawn before you arrive. Dale did what he was trained to do as a sniper / observer. He was fortunate not to have to take a life at this engagement. Special Agent Horiuchi made the regrettable shot, a mistake for which he will never be forgiven. Of the FBI Agents assigned to the Ruby Ridge tragedy, Dale has been one of the most outspoken. He has delivered dozens of presentations to more than 1000 civilians titled “Mistakes and Lessons of Ruby Ridge”. - See more at: http://www.thebangswitch.com/the-hiring-follies-of-troy-industries/#sthash.HC9SHg0O.dpuf

Leaves out the fact he said he would of taken the shot . Had no problems with the rules of engagement they made up just for ruby ridge . And the fact the guy is making money off the deaths of people who shouldn't of been killed .

If you don't have a problem with a company that hires people who will follow any orders . That's fine that's your choice .

You know who else hides behind "just following orders"?
****ing nazis .

Leaves out the fact he said he would of taken the shot . Had no problems with the rules of engagement they made up just for ruby ridge . And the fact the guy is making money off the deaths of people who shouldn't of been killed .

If you don't have a problem with a company that hires people who will follow any orders . That's fine that's your choice .

You know who else hides behind "just following orders"?
****ing nazis .

Well, I don't know if he was just being loyal to his partner in front of the Senate. Nobody wants to be a rat. The Troy president does not sound like a jackboot, that's really what matters.

Back
Top Bottom