• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best Police Sidearm...YOU COULD PICK TO CARRY

Kisspik002

NES Member
Hello Everyone,

So a while back I started the best police sidearm thread and it was very popular. There has not been to much going on in the LEO section so I figured I would tweak the topic a bit.

If you were/are/or want to be a cop and could choose any sidearm and patrol rifle (with goodies) what would it be and why.

I personally would carry a Glock 17, LWRC SPR 14.7 with micro dot. Its the setup i run now and I really like it.

If $$ wasn't an object...

G19 with Trijicon RM09, SureFire x300, and a KKM barrel. Dawson Suppressor height night sights.

Rifle? I'll take a BCM KMR with a Surefire Scout M600, and Nightforce NXS 1-4 and a Geissele trigger.

I could easily go with my 1911 or my M&P FS 9 (Greg Derr trigger job and Dawson FO front sight). M4 by one of the top tier mfrs, optic (unsure what I'd pick now that I won't touch an EOTech again and hate the Aimpoint - maybe Vortex Spitfire 3X).

Is that the one that requires removing the sight from the mount to change the battery?

If so, what are your thoughts on that versus the Leupold Delta Point Pro?

Yeah... that's the biggest drawback. I'm just playing fantasy here. I'll PM you reality. I haven't handled a Delta Point yet.

Glock 17 on the hip, BCM with a nice 1x-4x optic for the long arm. An Aimpoint T2 would be an acceptable option as well, but we deal with some uniquely long sight lines out here. Getting permission to carry a BUG without being fired for it would be nice as well.

I had always given this some thought. My personal dream list would be three firearms.

Wilson Combat Protector in 45ACP with 4 spare mags
Vang Comp 870 12 gauge
Larue PredatOBR 14.5" rifle with Swarovski Z8i 1-8 Surefire comp and can and Lancer mags

Back
Top Bottom