Best Place to Learn About Knife Brands

Spark ran the forum. VG was a big fixture there back then. As was Paracelsus and few others.

I left after the blow up with Strider Knives. They started Badlands about the same time USN started.

I sometimes think about searching for old posts over there just to see when I left.
Ok Spark. Sparkles threw me off. I remember I couldn’t use my Verizon email because he had a hair up his ass over it for some reason. He was kind of a dickhead. I had gotten into it with a moderator there who would jump down your throat over any small thing. He would also but into all the posts like an attention whore. I was soured after that.

USN USN USN.

THE place for knife stuff. Love that place.
I completely forgot about that forum. Funny, I just did a search and tried logging in. I must have gone there after Bladeforums because I logged right in.

Last edited:
Cold Steel was mentioned.

Maybe I just had bad luck with SRK. Used it three times and the handle got all loose.
-just sayin

EPVmKaeX4AEJ-0V.jpg

For scout stuff, the multi-tool in your pack and a modern folder clipped in your pocket or on a belt will cover you for a lot of needs.

I tend not to pay a lot for folders because I've lost a few knives.
I't s less painful to lose a $50 or less knife than a $100+ knife.

Just my 2 cents

Great point. And if/when you let a Scout borrow the knife, I won’t hesitate with a cheaper model. A more expensive model, probably a bit more hesitant with certain kids.

Blade HQ Has an awesome Youtube channel with buyers guides from high end to budget. They even do employee pocket dumps and tutorials on different sharpening methods. Worth a look.

For scouting get a bucket of Moraknives. Cheap and decent quality and when the kids try stabbing rocks with them you won't cry. They are much better than the price suggests and the sheaths work well. I usually add one to any bladehq order. Can't have too many Moraknives.

Nice suggestion. Thanks.
If you want to spend a bit more on a better knife, and have a little time to wait...

Chris Reeve Large Sebenza 31.
Extremely sexy in Box Elder Burlwood...

1606230804152.png
1606230915740.png

And the North of $800 "Boomerang" Damascus Box Elder. Someday...

1606231378461.png

Last edited:
ahhh...must have been posted in spanish....the reason i missed the memo.
I think the biggest misconception about Benchmade's cutting up of firearms was that they were Zealots about doing it. They weren't.

Cops show up and ask "Can we cut these up?"
Benchmade: "Ya, I guess so...?!"
Cops: "Thanks."
Benchmade: "Crap..."

It's not like they went out and said. "Hey. You guys need help getting rid of evil gunz?"

Benchmade is an American Knife Manufacturer of high quality and durable blades. Enbloc Likey...

Enbloc Likey...
me too. but alas i only have a mini grip in inventory at the moment. in yellow yet! i know, i know.

when everyone stops shouting "buy a gucci knife"...i mean sebenza, i'll come back and sing the praises of spyderco.

me too. but alas i only have a mini grip in inventory at the moment. in yellow yet! i know, i know.

when everyone stops shouting "buy a gucci knife"...i mean sebenza, i'll come back and sing the praises of spyderco.
Oh, don't get me wrong... I don't own a Sebenza. I'm far to cheap for that. The most I've ever spent on a knife is about $200 bucks.
OP was asking about higher-priced options and the Sebenza fits that niche. So does the Benchmade 940 or 943.

Spyderco knives, I would say, fills that middle-ground. Great EDCs. Not cheap, but they are inexpensive for what you are getting.

To really answer the OP's question... is futile at best.

Opinions are all we have to offer. In the end it will be his "Opinion" that matters...
~Enbloc

I have a hard enough time scratching up a blade on a $40.00 Swiss Army Knife, let alone using a $400.00 knife and getting scratches on one. If I did spend $200.00 plus on a knife it would probably be a self defense piece that just sits in a sheath.

Spyderco knives, I would say, fills that middle-ground.
spyderco is the biggest bang for the buck in knives going. it's all about the steel with them and not the window dressing, but you can get one dressed in a tuxedo for a few extra bucks. the delica, in my opinion, is the best edc pocket folder going. i've used them so long i can't get use to deploying a folder any other way besides with the hole.

I wouldn't have any hesitation buying a Spyderco, particularly out of their Taichung plant. I had my Spydiechef sitting alongside the Sebenza 21 this morning (both titanium framelocks) and I grabbed the Spydiechef, as I often do. It's rock solid, better steel, and quite a bit thinner than the Sebenza, at about half the price.

I have a hard enough time scratching up a blade on a $40.00 Swiss Army Knife, let alone using a $400.00 knife and getting scratches on one. If I did spend $200.00 plus on a knife it would probably be a self defense piece that just sits in a sheath.
Yep. That's why Roofers don't wear Rolex's... On the Job...

1606240717160.png

Last edited:
I wouldn't have any hesitation buying a Spyderco, particularly out of their Taichung plant.
right. what people don't realize is the management team tours the asian facilities for quality. it's a known fact they have immediately shut operations down on plants that don't cut it, suspended the model, and moved it to another location. they make several of their top tier models in colorado.

Back
Top Bottom