Best place to buy?

Ok, so I've got my new reloader and lots of saved up brass. Where are the best places to get reloading supplies? Primers and powder seem to be cheaper mailorder if I could ever get anyone to ship to Massachusetts. Lead is just too heavy to ship. Any cost savings seems to get eaten up in shipping the heavy packages of lead.

I've thought about taking the trip to Cabela's but if I am going to go that far, I might as well run across the border in New Hampshire and shop tax-free. Suggestions?

Thanks all

Keep in mind that if you mailorder primers and/or powders there will be a $20.00 haz-mat fee for shipping for each item plus the original shipping fee.So it is definitely not cost effective to mail-order these.

"Lead is too heavy to ship."

Really? My suppliers find those flat-rate USPS cartons work VERY cost-effectively.*

As for primers and powder, bulk is the way to buy. Ask your local dealer about the CASE price on primers and get your powder in the 4# jugs instead of 1# bottles (not huge savings, but savings).

Of course, if you can get other shooters involved, such as a club buy, the entire order will be trucked in and you'll save that way.

* Don't ask. I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you......

you can find some good deals on lead on castboolits.com , in the classifieds section....they ship using the flat rate USPS boxes, so the issue of "lead being too heavy to ship" really does not apply....

Riley's pricing is decent. He has a nice supply of bulk lead bullets as well as a nice selection or Sierra, Speer and Hornady. I picked up CCI primers last week at a cost of $23 per K. What he doesn't have he will gladly order for you.

While the building may look small, the warehouse in the rear is huge and stocked with all sorts of items. He stocks most popular powders in the four, five and eight pound jugs.

I will refrain neutral in the brewing controversy over the avatar's tag line.... [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom