Best place to buy preban glock mags

Won't the constant shaking or the funnel and tube feed assembly effect POA/POI?

Would anyone know best places (websites/stores) to buy preban glock 17 mags? I've seen some websites but cant tell how trust worthy they are
There's a seller in Amherst, MA, that lists his wares on armslist. He's also posted on here, with astronomical pricing. He's legit* but you're going to get poked hard. *Second-hand info.

I ask this question because I have not tried it...

Has anyone taken a bone-stock 10-round glock magazine (any flavor) and modified it with successful functioning to full size?

Wait. Don't answer that... but ponder it for a moment...

Is it as simple as changing the spring and follower...?

You only get the "List" after you become a life member. It all happens in a basement in Medford. You will learn the handshake and some other very secret scary stuff.

The really inner secret stuff only the "Dealer" or "Instructor" levels get. It will take you a while to earn those badges.

Last edited:
One thing you can do OP (jr4317) is if you get to travel a lot, or leave this area on occasion, walk into every Local Gun Shop you can in a free state and rummage through the
"USED MAGS" box, or ask the Proprietor if he has any "Used Glock Magazines" in the flavor you are looking for. Just remember to study up on what is Good to Go in Mass... and what isn't.

You may get lucky from time to time and find and old $5-dollar "square-notch" for your pet's hungry mouth...

here's a helpful answer for you since none of the others seem to be interested in helping, I believe I've seen some at Four Seasons, Collectors in Stoneham, and Northshore Firearms in Middleton (under new management before you guys lose your minds screaming about how awful they are, blah blah). Give them a call and see what they have in stock. IMO a shop will be the safest place for you to buy one since they're on the hook if they sell you one that's not pre-ban.

One thing you can do OP (jr4317) is if you get to travel a lot, or leave this area on occasion, walk into every Local Gun Shop you can in a free state and rummage through the
"USED MAGS" box, or ask the Proprietor if he has any "Used Glock Magazines" in the flavor you are looking for. Just remember to study up on what is Good to Go in Mass... and what isn't.

You may get lucky from time to time and find and old $5-dollar "square-notch" for your pet's hungry mouth...
Good advice. I would also add that full metal lined are worth the premium and avoid non full metal lined as they frequently suck.

Here's an image that will help with identification. The two dots are the key.

preban.jpeg

here's a helpful answer for you since none of the others seem to be interested in helping, I believe I've seen some at Four Seasons, Collectors in Stoneham, and Northshore Firearms in Middleton (under new management before you guys lose your minds screaming about how awful they are, blah blah). Give them a call and see what they have in stock. IMO a shop will be the safest place for you to buy one since they're on the hook if they sell you one that's not pre-ban.
that would make sense, thanks

The hell with paying those prices. You can pick up another g-17 for the cost of a few pre bans. Plus it looks cool when your shooting 2 guns at once.
Now here's an idea I can get behind--the old New York reload with multiple Glocks.
maxresdefault.jpg

Instead of some prebans, just get three Glocks and carry them all at once--just as good as two prebans.

This reminds me, I've never carried my 33 round stick mag with my G19. I usually go with a 15rder in the gun and a 17rd spare.

second post ive made and it didn't hold up well LOL...

Hang in there kid. It gets easier. Do more reading than posting for a while until you learn the lay of the land and what questions have already been asked a hundred times. Paying whatever amount pre bans are going for these days is ridiculous. Carry a spare mag or two and save yourself the money.

jr4317, another thing to consider is your loadout. Some guys are happy to have just what will fit in their carry gun and aren't worried about spare mags or their capacity.
If that is your thinking, then the largest cap you can find would be best, but spend a little more and get a mag that is "like new", because that one "is for all the marbles".

Others want max-cap in the carry piece, and one or two backup mags of max-cap. That is fine, and what I strive for. But the critical thing is dependability.
It is far better to have a lower round count on magazines you can trust your life too, than a cargo-pants pocket load of old questionable "U-notches" that you found for short money.

If money is the deciding factor, buy 1 really new, great quality max-cap for the carry gun and back up with extremely dependable 10-rounders that are so "faithful" they are boring...
Then replace those with great max-cap mags, when you can find them...

~Matt

Last edited:
jr4317, another thing to consider is your loadout. Some guys are happy to have just what will fit in their carry gun and aren't worried about spare mags or their capacity.
If that is your thinking, then the largest cap you can find would be best, but spend a little more and get a mag that is "like new", because that one "is for all the marbles".

Others want max-cap in the carry piece, and one or two backup mags of max-cap. That is fine, and what I strive for. But the critical thing is dependability.
It is far better to have a lower round count on magazines you can trust your life too, than a cargo-pants pocket load of old questionable "U-notches" that you found for short money.

If money is the deciding factor, buy 1 really new, great quality max-cap for the carry gun and back up with extremely dependable 10-rounders that are so "faithful" they are boring...
Then replace those with great max-cap mags, when you can find them...

~Matt
I agree with you. I was curious about the larger preban mags for a home defense gun, however (but based off of feedback, theyre as expensive as I had presumed). Seems easier to me to have extra rounds in one mag than to have to grab an extra mag in a worst case scenario

Good advice. I would also add that full metal lined are worth the premium and avoid non full metal lined as they frequently suck.

Here's an image that will help with identification. The two dots are the key.

View attachment 269422
I have a jig and fixture to add those to mags that don't have them. It was approved by Maura. Jack.

And to think that you will never know the feeling of being skewered by Scrivener. Son, you have it easy starting on NES now.
Yep. Just don't join the Guns of Mass facebook groups as Scrivener is alive and well? on that group...

Since Glock will not verify what is a pre ban, you could still get charged for a u notch mag, right? I am not sure that a diagram from NES would get you off the hook. Has this been challenged in court?

That being said, I only have u notches and 10 rounders. You can get u notch mags from this forum, other forums, gunbroker, even some local shops.Doesn’t take a hole lot of searching to find them.

Back
Top Bottom