1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Best of Littleton area

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by richc, Oct 7, 2018.

1. richc

richc NES Member

Hey all,

My daughter and her fiancé just bought a beautiful new home in Littleton and has moved in. She's about a five minute walk from Long Pond.

First and foremost, team NES suggested Hunter Appliances and they were awesome. They went above and beyond in the delivery. Thanks for that intel on Hunter.

Can the braintrust provide best of breed for other businesses in that area? Sub shops? Best pizza? Pub/restaurant for 30 something young folks? Best clothes cleaning services, food shopping, etc?

And anything they should know but I haven't mentioned?

Thanks!

Rich

2. Roy Rogers

Roy Rogers NES Member

Harvard Sportsmen's Club is in Littleton and Harvard.

3. Greg

Greg

I dont think millenials go to Littleton to hang out,they are going to Boston.Sub places are your typical crappy Greek run places.You have Market Basket,Whole Foods and Donnelans.

The only place I can really recommend isnt in Littleton but the next town over,Acton.Idyllwilde Farms has great fruit and vegetables, but expensive.Good deli sandwiches,Iberico ham etc..Its right off Rt 2.

chuckster and richc like this.
  4. mibro

mibro NES Member

Kimball Farm Seafood Shack. I make the pilgrimage several times every summer. Their miniature golf is great fun for kids also.

drgelinas and richc like this.
  5. richc

richc NES Member

My daughter has her license. He's taken the class but waited to apply at their new address.

And I'll make sure they are appropriately armed and set for ammo...

We visited yesterday. I mentioned the gun license as I have a couple firearms that I think he'd like. He smiled and said he prefers the up front and personal use of fists. I really like this kid! He's a keeper.

:)

Roy Rogers likes this.
  6. richc

richc NES Member

They just moved from Acton. My daughter had a condo there when they met.

Yesterday we picked up sandwiches at TC Lando's in Acton. Very good pepper steak and cheese.

7. mibro

mibro NES Member

TC Lando's is OK. I have a friend in Acton and it's a bit of a restaurant desert, no obvious "great" choices.

The Red Raven is not bad if you know what to order. Food varies from pretty good to meh.

Our go-to place for 20 years, with and without kids, has been Helen's in Concord. A bit of a trek down Route 2 from Littleton but the food is all made from scratch and consistently good. Reasonably priced and cash only.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  8. Maddawg1952

Maddawg1952 NES Member

Introduce them to the Firearm associated shops at 410 Great Road after he gets his permit. Most of the storefronts are NES members .

ggfcpa, Fixxah and richc like this.
  9. Greg

Greg

Ya,TC's is better than the Greek places,but still just ok imo of course.It all comes down to the bread and New England is the worst for fresh breads.The best sandwich place anywhere near Littleton is Nashoba Brook Bakery or Country Kitchen,both in Concord.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  10. dans

dans NES Member

Hands down the best pizza is Sorrento's. They are in Acton and Harvard.

For fruits and vegetables, there are numerous farm stands. When they close, Idylwilde is a good backup but full of self-centered jerks.

For wine and beer, my go to places are Colonial Spirits, Vintages, and Groton Market.

Some other good place to keep in mind are Gould's Clothing (not the cheapest alternative, but excellent service and great quality), Michael's Shoes (I think it has gone downhill recently and might be on the verge), Evan's on the Common in Townsend (lots of shoes, outdoor/work apparel).

As for restaurants, I'm at a loss. We eat at Gibbet Hill Grill because it is handy but the food isn't anything to write home about. Filho's in Groton is a madhouse but if you like red sauce Italian, it is good. The Groton Inn will be starting a dinner service shortly. We went to one of the "test run" dinners they had over the last few weeks. I have high hopes for this. There is a seafood place next to Colonial Spirits, lot's of blue hairs getting the early bird special. I wouldn't bother.

Best Chinese by far is Sichuan Gourmet in Billerica. There are other places that have decent food, SG ROCKS!

Best Mexican is Tequila's in North Chelmsford. We go at least once per week.

richc likes this.
  11. one-eyed Jack

one-eyed Jack Manufacturer Dealer NES Member

Littleton issues only no restrictions. Jack.

richc likes this.
  12. Prepper

Prepper NES Member

The newly built The Point has O'Neil Cinema... Very nice, has large recliners rather than the usual airline seats. (And your typical overpriced food and snacks.)

13. richc

richc NES Member

A bit off topic, but I've become a huge fan of Wegmans sandwiches. The bread is fresh made and so fricking good. I love the seeded roll in particular.

They have their version of an Italian sub called "Danny's" sandwich. Delicious with a surprising amount of meat and cheese. Unlike some places where they seem to spray on the sandwich ingredients. The toppings are very good too, including roasted red peppers... a personal favorite.

I've heard their meatball is very gun but I have not tried that yet. I make my own meatballs and am rather particular. But I will try their version soon.

Sushi is good too BTW...

14. Fixxah

Fixxah NES Member

Used to be a moderator who owned a liquor store. Not sure if it was out that way or down in the new bedford area. Been a while.

I hope you don't leave tourself short on ammo.
    Hahaha haha haha.

15. The Herd

The Herd NES Member

I’m a member at Littleton Sportsman’s Club; happy to give a tour.

Pizza etc = Nashoba Club in Ayer

oldyankee and richc like this.
  16. BruceW

BruceW NES Member

Best pizza near by hands down is Di Napoli Pizzeria. Right on the Littleton/Westford line.

richc likes this.
  17. NHCraigT

NHCraigT NES Member

Grocery shopping: theres a big newer market basket across from the police station on route 119.

richc likes this.
  18. KBCraig

KBCraig NES Member

Chang Thai. Chutter's candy counter. Schilling Beer Co. Great views of Mount Washington.

Oh, were you asking about a different Littleton? Then you might specify your state, and remember that this isn't massachusettsshooters.com

richc and xjma99 like this.
  19. Greg

Greg

His location says Metro-West.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  20. dans

dans NES Member

That reminds me there is a restaurant in the plaza with the Market Basket called Great Road Kitchen that is pretty good. Also, the pizza shop by DCU makes a decent pie.

21. blindfire

blindfire NES Member

D'Napoli's on Rt 110 is a great sub shop. Great food and convenient.

Meat Again...is good for marinated Steak Tips...but they may technically be in Westford. They are a combo sub shop / butcher. Great Sandwiches and marinated meats.

There is a great Asian market on 110 right at the Littleton Common (110/119/2A intersection). Cool vinyl record shop in that area as well.

I think EddieCoyle has his FFL over in Littleton, but not sure what services he offers.

richc likes this.
  22. drgrant

drgrant Moderator NES Member

Hope you had a toilet nearby! Or at least the lando's in leominster, last time I went there, I think that was the quickest anything traveled through my digestive tract, and I normally have a stomach of iron. It's almost like they squirt grease on the meat or something when they cook it.

-Mike

richc likes this.
  23. Asaltweapon

Asaltweapon NES Member

TC Landos sucks butt juice. I would eat that crap if it was free

24. CrackPot

CrackPot NES Member

You have > 40 FFLs right in Littleton Center at the Mill. How do you beat that?

Best "diner" is in Ayer, Tiny's
    Best non-greek pizza is Littleton Sub Shoppe right in the center
    Best restaurant in Littleton is Il Forno next to the CVS. All the restaurants in the new plaza pretty much suck (over priced, bad service/food). The new Indian place, Masala Bay is solid
    Best Ice Cream, Kimballs JUST over the line into Westford on 119
    Best mechanic, Welch Automotive on great rd next to the subway
    groceries I go to Market Basket. You cant get me to go to the overpriced places
    Tractor dealer is Toreku at Ayer circle
    Liquor store is no where near littleton (they are all small and over priced) Colonial in Acton

AHM likes this.
  25. Scotia902

Scotia902

Anthony's wood fired pizza is good.. expensive but really good. I love their wings.

26. blindfire

blindfire NES Member

Mostly correct info. :)

I would argue that the big liquor store in Westford (in the same plaza as Five Guys) is really good. Great Scotch / Whiskey selections and also...there is an amazing micro brew beer store across from Chili's. The Beer Cellar (if I remember correctly).

Ill Forno is overrated in my opinion. May as well send them to The 99 right there on 110! :)

27. KBCraig

KBCraig NES Member

Oh, so he could have been asking about a town in the Denver metro area. Gotcha!

Greg likes this.
  28. colt_fan

colt_fan NES Member

Gibbett Hill in Groton for nice dinners
    Gene's Chinese Flatbread Cafe in Westford for Chinese hand pulled noodle soup
    Blood Farm butcher in Groton
    Okipoke in Westford

29. jayhitek

jayhitek NES Member

Funny. I was just going to mention all the FFL's in one happy little building.

30. one-eyed Jack

one-eyed Jack Manufacturer Dealer NES Member

BIG building! Jack.