• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best New Shop in Town

Bud's has it for $582 after rebate. Considering the original post and the admission that the OP doesn't consider math relevant in a comparison of prices, I can't find the claimed OTD price on a new revolver credible either. Perhaps it was pre-owned, or stale stock that the shop owner simply had to monetize quickly. I don't really care. When someone insults my intelligence with a post like the one that started this thread, he has a lot to make up before I believe anything he says - falsus in unum, falsus in omnia.

I propose that we boycott boycotting until we can figure out how to protest picketing. Until then we should just complain about griping.

I really want to report this post, but I'm holding off. ROFL!!!!

The problem with Ed's shop is location-location-location. It's literally BEHIND Reedy's. Reedy's is NOT easy to find in the first place. If you miss the "driveway" around back you might go over the banking to get there. The place is small. I get what Ed is trying to build, but there isn't the room for it.

I hope Ed has great success. He charges far too little on consignments. Very knowledgable folks. I've not been a big spender in there as yet because what I "need" hasn't been in their wheelhouse, so to speak.

While being at Reedy's is convenient, I wonder if one of those strip-malls on 105 would be better. At least more traffic and more visibility.

I don't know spit about bows, but I have been told that Reedy, is a dealer for some famous bow company and the manufacturer told Reedy that he sells more of their bows than any other dealer in the country. If that's true, how bad can the location be? Ed himself told me that Reedy has made more space available to him for growth, as he needs it and strip malls are pretty pricy. All things considered, Ed's decision to set up at Reedy's, seems to have been a wise choice so far. If you tell Ed what you want, he'll find it for you. What else can we as gun buyers ask for.

Last edited:
I really want to report this post, but I'm holding off. ROFL!!!!

The problem with Ed's shop is location-location-location. It's literally BEHIND Reedy's. Reedy's is NOT easy to find in the first place. If you miss the "driveway" around back you might go over the banking to get there. The place is small. I get what Ed is trying to build, but there isn't the room for it.

I hope Ed has great success. He charges far too little on consignments. Very knowledgable folks. I've not been a big spender in there as yet because what I "need" hasn't been in their wheelhouse, so to speak.

While being at Reedy's is convenient, I wonder if one of those strip-malls on 105 would be better. At least more traffic and more visibility.
Not long ago the store fronts in Middleborro where , well a ghost town. Has space become scarce in that area?

Bud's has it for $582 after rebate.

Pud's doesn't count, they don't ship to MA, unless they've changed their tune. I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire anyways, regardless. (at one point they would only send guns here that they could rape MA people on, like gen2 glocks, but they would refuse to sell you a base model 10/22 or something like that... WTF. ).

-Mike

The majority of responders here have never run thier own business.

No understanding of all the costs there are just to open the front door.

The business has to sell enough merchandise to break even to cover costs BEFORE making any profit.

Shop around, but realize that skinflinting too hard hurts the small guys.

I don't know spit about bows, but I have been told that Reedy, is a dealer for some famous bow company and the manufacturer told Reedy that he sells more of their bows than any other dealer in the country. If that's true, how bad can the location be? Ed himself told me that Reedy has made more space available to him for growth, as he needs it and strip malls are pretty pricy. All things considered, Ed decision to set up at Reedy's, seems to have been a wise choice so far. If you tell Ed what you want, he'll find it for you. What else can we as gun buyers ask for.

Oh there is no question that Reedy's does a ton of bow business.

Let's say you own a boat business. Do you want your boat business to be right next to the #1 car dealership in the area. . . . or the lake/marina?

I could be pure-D wrong, but after dropping $1,000 on a new bow, I'm wondering how many people race downstairs to look at guns. Perhaps a main-drag location MIGHT make you more known. Or maybe not. Reedy's built up that business over years. YEARS. He overcame the "bad" location. I always assumed he was downtown somewhere and I just couldn't find it. It was only when Ed opened that I found out where Reedy's was.

It's a crappy business, selling guns. You have to cater to far too many different people. You've got your turkey guys, your duck guys, your deer guys, your CCW guys, your rifle shooters, your Black Rifle Enthusiasts, your old-gun peeps. Plus reloaders, refinishers, etc., It's a myriad of products to stock and too few people in the area in any one category. And if you don't have X for shooter-category-Y, you could get badmouthed to the base you are building in category Z.

I appreciate what Ed does. I really do. And I love having another gun shop in the area. But it's a tough business. I wish him a poop-ton of luck. I don't want this to sound like I'm dumping on him. Far from it. I'd love him to succeed. I know where he is, so his location is NOT an issue for me. But location can make-or-break you. Spitballing any edge he can gain to continue to succeed.

Oh there is no question that Reedy's does a ton of bow business.

Let's say you own a boat business. Do you want your boat business to be right next to the #1 car dealership in the area. . . . or the lake/marina?

I could be pure-D wrong, but after dropping $1,000 on a new bow, I'm wondering how many people race downstairs to look at guns. Perhaps a main-drag location MIGHT make you more known. Or maybe not. Reedy's built up that business over years. YEARS. He overcame the "bad" location. I always assumed he was downtown somewhere and I just couldn't find it. It was only when Ed opened that I found out where Reedy's was.

It's a crappy business, selling guns. You have to cater to far too many different people. You've got your turkey guys, your duck guys, your deer guys, your CCW guys, your rifle shooters, your Black Rifle Enthusiasts, your old-gun peeps. Plus reloaders, refinishers, etc., It's a myriad of products to stock and too few people in the area in any one category. And if you don't have X for shooter-category-Y, you could get badmouthed to the base you are building in category Z.

I appreciate what Ed does. I really do. And I love having another gun shop in the area. But it's a tough business. I wish him a poop-ton of luck. I don't want this to sound like I'm dumping on him. Far from it. I'd love him to succeed. I know where he is, so his location is NOT an issue for me. But location can make-or-break you. Spitballing any edge he can gain to continue to succeed.

LOL. I never thought you were dumping on Ed. Just explaining what Ed has told me about the location. Reedy's got so many customers, that lots of them are also gun guys. Ed seems to be benefitting from their firearms interest in his shop.
You are right though about location. For many years, during his business building years, Reedy's Archery was smack in the center of downtown.

Last edited:
LOL. I never though you were dumping on Ed. Just explaining what Ed has told me about the location. Reedy's got so many customers, that lots of them are also gun guys. Ed seems to be benefitting from their firearms interest in his shop.
You are right though about location. For many years, during his business building years, Reedy's Archery was smack in the center of downtown.

Wait. REALLY!!!!????

Dammit. That's what I THOUGHT. LOL. I could never understand how he made any business - especially pre-internetish days - in the middle of nowhere. LOL.

I can add that they are a really nice little shop. Not a big shop by any means to anybody that hasn't been there. But really nice folks and honest folks. I'm pretty sure I left them their first feedback on here over a J,A. arsenal refurbished M1917 that they were selling for not rape prices that was mostly matching and in beautiful condition still.

Back
Top Bottom