• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best Ma out of the box sub compact 9mm trigger

some of us like to carry real guns [wink]

LOL! My every day carry is a Sig 229, but when I absolutely can not carry it, the PM9 fits perfectly in a pocket.
I think the the srC9 is still a little to big for pocket carry. And honestly, you really should try the Kahr. It is a much higher quality pistol. Of all of the compacts mentioned I would consider the Ruger to be the lowest quality of the bunch. Both the M&P and Glock are better guns. [pot]

As a general rule of thumb, if your carry gun costs less than your cell phone, it is probably a POS. [devil2]

Sr9c....I don't know about MA compliance, but the best trigger I've shot out of the box....aside from a buddy's Sig 1911, man was that thing sweet!!
I just bought an ISSC m22 as a trainer as it best matches the trigger for my sr9c. I hope the current model does not burn thru all my 22lr to break it in...if anthing I can get plenty of tap n rack practice :p

I would consider the Ruger to be the lowest quality of the bunch. Both the M&P and Glock are better guns. [pot]

As a general rule of thumb, if your carry gun costs less than your cell phone, it is probably a POS. [devil2]

Both of these statements are laughable in the least. My cousin Nick is a glock aficionado, who shot my sr9c and promptly stated the quality was as good as his G26, the trigger was better, and there was no mass premium paid. The only thing a glock has going for it is pre ban magazines and a large aftermarket, the M&P while being a great gun needs trigger work out the box and is also limited to 10 rounders for mass residents. Not to mention both the Crock and the M&P look like someones aesthetic excrement...

What is an aficionado ? Is there a class or on line course I can take to become an aficionado? I want to be an aficionado too.

But your right, my cousin's, girlfriends, sister's hairdresser said the Ruger was pretty. I also hear that Ruger has legendary customer service. Ofcourse, that is because everyone that buys one has to send it back to Ruger, but they are wicked good about it.

The OP's question was about the best trigger on a subcompact pistol. I am not sure that the sr9c is really a sub-compact, but I have heard it has a nice trigger. Kind of like a nice steering wheel on a Pinto

Most ALL "sub compacts" have a bad trigger. and most are 380's. Nano, bodyguard, LC9 9mm. Kimber solo and Kel tec. I would say the trigger on the SR9C is far almost the best "out of the box" trigger. I just wouldnt really say the ruger SR9C is a SUB. PM9 is closer, LC9 also but havent shot the LC9.

Last edited:
The OP's question was about the best trigger on a subcompact pistol. I am not sure that the sr9c is really a sub-compact, but I have heard it has a nice trigger. Kind of like a nice steering wheel on a Pinto

and the answer to the question was a bunch of people not recommending sub compacts. none of them have good triggers. As far as reliability goes, I must not have seen as many rugers go back to the factory as you have...I'm guessing your infinite wisdom led you to buying an overpriced Kahr, and that dated design that sig still uses with all the gigantic stupid levers all over the place...

But I digress, we can only agree to disagree! [wink]

What is an aficionado ? Is there a class or on line course I can take to become an aficionado? I want to be an aficionado too.

But your right, my cousin's, girlfriends, sister's hairdresser said the Ruger was pretty. I also hear that Ruger has legendary customer service. Ofcourse, that is because everyone that buys one has to send it back to Ruger, but they are wicked good about it.

I bought my sr9c the same time my buddy bought his m&p9c. I have 2k rounds through mine with no issues. He has 500 rounds through his and its going back to smith next week. Hmmm

i think to the original post, a subcompact is more along the lines of the shield and PM9... PM9 destroys the shield as far as trigger goes.

The M&P MA trigger can be improved by installing a "Free State" trigger return spring for $2.75. The S&W 6906 isn't a sub compact, but it is rather small and a great gun (trigger and sights are excellent) if you can find one used.

Back
Top Bottom