Best Holster for Glock 19 ccw?

Im getting a Glock 19 as my carry gun, and just wondering what you guys use for a holster? I was thinking IWB but I dont want a leather holster to take the finish of my gun. But I think something like a Blackhawk Surpa would stick out to far same with the Fobus. So what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Im getting a Glock 19 as my carry gun, and just wondering what you guys use for a holster? I was thinking IWB but I dont want a leather holster to take the finish of my gun. But I think something like a Blackhawk Surpa would stick out to far same with the Fobus. So what do you guys think?

This: http://acecase.com/in-the-pants-holster-leather.html

Small money and it rides low. Forget about a fast draw though. You'll see why when you fit the holster. The leather is very supple so it won't give you any holster rash. For the price you can't beat it.

Raven Concealment System Phantom.

www.themalabarfront.com

Most concealable Kydex OWB holster I've tried. I have one for my G19 for the colder months... and one for my G26 for the warmer months. The RCS Phantom is so concealable (rides so close to the body) I haven't had to carry IWB in over a year.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_4654.jpg

I LOVE LOVE love...my MTAC best for comfort, great level of retention. Its the best thing going. Cant beat the price compared to the high end leather either. I wore my MTAC and my p2000 all day from like noon to 6 today and barely noticed it.

My vote will be for the the Comp-Tac MTAC

Hey Hanwei, you can wear that IWB also if you want right?

I have heard alot of good things about that hoslter and plan to get one for my 229.

Alex

www.themalabarfront.com

Most concealable Kydex OWB holster I've tried. I have one for my G19 for the colder months... and one for my G26 for the warmer months. The RCS Phantom is so concealable (rides so close to the body) I haven't had to carry IWB in over a year.

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_4654.jpg

Hey Hanwei, you can wear that IWB also if you want right?

I have heard alot of good things about that hoslter and plan to get one for my 229.

Alex

Yup. All you need are the IWB attachments and you're good to go.

www.themalabarfront.com

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_4654.jpg

what is that belt I have seen a few of them on google images while i was looking at holsters?

In my experience, leather causes much less holster wear than plastic or Kydex. But I personally think holster wear is sexy [smile], and honestly, if you put a carry gun through it's paces, chances are it's going to have some nicks, dings and holster wear. Nothing to be ashamed of, but if you want it to stay pretty, leave it in the safe.

Also, you'll need a quality belt to go with your quality holster, it makes a whole world of difference in concealability. I was a firm believer in a $5 belt and a $25 holster until I got something quality; now I can carry with very little effort at concealment.

But like everything with guns, you're probably going to have to try out a few to see what you like before you settle on one that's best for you.

+1 on the crossbreed the most comfortbal hoslter that I have used so far.

Agreed. I've tried a ton of different holsters and I like the Crossbreed the best, although I hacked that stupid "sweatguard" leather piece off of the top of mine to give me a smoother/faster/more secure drawstroke.

Negatory. 100% Kydex [grin]

Is it like the Crossbreed? Where you can't fully grip the gun because of the backing? That drove me nuts, I cut the back off of my Crossbreed because of that, I want a firm grip on my pistol.

There's nothing on the RCS Phantom holster that will prevent you from getting a full combat grip before drawing the pistol. The sweat shield is very minimalist. Just enough kydex to do the job, and none to get in the way of manipulating the gun. As you can see, the holster is like a second skin around the gun. And the kydex is very thin... and doesn't add any bulk at all. You can't ask for much more if you're looking for a concealable OWB holster.

Here are some quick and dirty photos with my G19 for your viewing pleasure [smile]

Note: The standard belt attachments that the holster comes with are very good. They keep the gun nice and close to the body. However, I opted for the pancake belt attachments shown below as they pull the gun in even tighter.

Backside:
IMG_7761.jpg

Backside II:
IMG_7766.jpg

Front:
IMG_7769.jpg

Last edited:
There's nothing on the RCS Phantom holster that will prevent you from getting a full combat grip before drawing the pistol. The sweat shield is very minimalist. Just enough kydex to do the job, and none to get in the way of manipulating the gun. As you can see, the holster is like a second skin around the gun. And the kydex is very thin... and doesn't add any bulk at all. You can't ask for much more if you're looking for a concealable OWB holster.

Here are some quick and dirty photos with my G19 for your viewing pleasure [smile]

Note: The standard belt attachments that the holster comes with are very good. They keep the gun nice and close to the body. However, I opted for the pancake belt attachments shown below as they pull the gun in even tighter.

OK, awesome, thanks for the pictures of the back of the holster, that's exactly what I wanted to see. On the Crossbreed even with the "Combat cut" it's very difficult to get your hand between the leather and the gun, but yours doesn't look like that at all. Do you have the IWB mounts? They looked pretty flimsy on that website, which I'm guessing would make the holster not so comfortable IWB.

Another thing, it looks like the shape of the holster backing is molded even to the slide release. I have the OEM extended slide release on my Glocks, do you? If so, does it sit funny in that holster?

Thanks for all the info.

Is it like the Crossbreed? Where you can't fully grip the gun because of the backing? That drove me nuts, I cut the back off of my Crossbreed because of that, I want a firm grip on my pistol.

You're certainly not the first person with that issue. Crossbreed has recently addressed that issue with their "combat cut" option, where they do pretty much exactly what you did so there's nothing in the way when you go for a solid draw.

Do you have the IWB mounts? They looked pretty flimsy on that website, which I'm guessing would make the holster not so comfortable IWB.

Nope. After trying the Phantom out OWB... I haven't needed to go IWB in over a year [smile] So I haven't tried the IWB attachments. The reviews I've read where people have gone the IWB route have said that the holster is very comfortable and they haven't complained about the IWB attachments. Not sure if that helps or not [grin]

Another thing, it looks like the shape of the holster backing is molded even to the slide release. I have the OEM extended slide release on my Glocks, do you? If so, does it sit funny in that holster?

Thanks for all the info.

Each holster is made to order... so you can tell them if you have extended controls, etc. I have stock standard controls on my G19. My G26 has an OEM extended slide release and fits fine even though I never informed them of that (the holster was molded for the stock slide release).

My vote is for the Clipdraw. I love mine, it holds my 19 in just the right position to carry and easily draw it and it doesn't make it feel like you need to buy all new pants, just a good belt. I suppose the only drawback is that you can't carry with one in the pipe.

I still vote for the MTAC. I've been buying different bodies for my different carry guns and they all are fantastic. There's something comforting about the feel of leather conforming to your body shape....

I must be doing something wrong with my mtac. I have to move it around for every position. I stand up I adjust it. I get in the car it stabs me, I adjust it. Now I mostly use a slide holster

Back
Top Bottom