Best Gun Show you ever attended?

Phoenix at the Arizona State Fairgrounds.
I was in town with a buddy for the Nascar race in April 2005.
The race was a night race Saturday, so we were looking for something to do for Sunday.
We saw a huge billboard in downtown Phoenix advertising the gun show so we went to check it out.
Got there about 10:00am and walked around drooling all day long.
There was everything you can imagine for sale at this show, in quantities I've never seen before.
You name it, they had it.
At 4:45 they announced over the PA that the show was ending in 15 minutes, complete your purchases and head for the exit gates.
We barely saw half the show, there were still two buildings we hadn't even set foot in.
The biggest New England show is totally lame by comparison.

I miss the Rockingham Park NH shows the most. The days of tons of cheap ammo. Loaves of 00 buck and slugs for like $32 ea. Cases of 9mm for $120.... .308 Battlepacks of SA milsurp for like under $20 a pop. 7.62 x 39 for even cheaper than 9mm. [crying]

-Mike

Saxet Show in San Antonio was huge when I was there for a World Cup Swimming event.

Heading to the 1400-table Puyallup, WA gunshow when I'm in Seattle officiating at the NCAA Div. I Men's Swimming Championships at Federal Way in late March. Just looking, of course, since TSA frowns upon travel with things that go "Bang!" as carry-ons. [rofl]

I'll be thinking of all y'all (not!) when I'm in the Great Pacific Northwest.

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

There all the same crap here in nh waste of admission. All the dealers bring left overs and shit they cant sell to the shows.

Phoenix at the Arizona State Fairgrounds.
I was in town with a buddy for the Nascar race in April 2005.
The race was a night race Saturday, so we were looking for something to do for Sunday.
We saw a huge billboard in downtown Phoenix advertising the gun show so we went to check it out.
Got there about 10:00am and walked around drooling all day long.
There was everything you can imagine for sale at this show, in quantities I've never seen before.
You name it, they had it.
At 4:45 they announced over the PA that the show was ending in 15 minutes, complete your purchases and head for the exit gates.
We barely saw half the show, there were still two buildings we hadn't even set foot in.
The biggest New England show is totally lame by comparison.

I go to that same show every couple of year's when I'm out there visiting my sister. It is one hell of a show.

Danvers Fish and Game back when I was 11 or 12. Went wih the old man and my grandfather who bought me my first 20ga. The best for personal memorable reasons.

Its tough to say. I've found great deals at every gun show I've attended in MA with the exception of the Fitchburg one. I will say Wilmington is probably the best one I've been to.

There all the same crap here in nh waste of admission. All the dealers bring left overs and shit they cant sell to the shows.

You waited 11 months before making your first post, and it was to say something negative ???

Headscratch.gif

Idunno, the last few gun shows I've been to were loaded with twentysomething mall ninja types wearing their hats backwards, 5.11 boutique clothing, and sunglasses inside. Also lots of rude old guys. I recall the Wilmington show used to be better maybe 6-7 years ago. Maybe it was the guys I went with, some of whom are no longer with us. Sometimes the good old days were just that.

Chris

Las Vegas, 2 years ago. HUGE! show. I flew to Las Vegas to see my son's junior hockey league tournament (he was playing in a west coast junior A league) and my flight was delayed 1 day due to weather in Chicago and the east coast.

Great show, bought some accessories and stuff, and shipped home what I did not want to transport in checked luggage. Several times bigger than the West Springfield show, for comparison, maybe 3-4 times the better living center building. Just the vendors selling magazines had huge displays and inventory.

Without a doubt it was the Pamona fairgrounds shows in the Los Angles area. There was some cool stuff going around behind the tables. Then CA went nuts with idiot laws and the cool stuff disappeared.

I couldn't name any of these places, but the gun shows I used to go to in VT, NH, and ME with my father when I was a kid were the best. We'd usually camp out in the '78 Dodge conversion van packed with guns and stuff for the two weekend nights. We'd always be the last to leave on Sunday because the old man was so slow packing things up. Looking back now I think he had a kind of OCD where each and every little item had to be put in a specific place. I would be playing with some toy gun he had bought me, while he was packing things away and chainsmoking Salem's. Good memories.

DF&G MSP Display 1960

Danvers Fish and Game back when I was 11 or 12. Went wih the old man and my grandfather who bought me my first 20ga. The best for personal memorable reasons.

DF&G1960.jpg

Mass State Police gun display, Danvers Fish and Game circa 1960.

I went to the NRA "Guns Show" in Charlotte, NC a couple of years ago and it was a hoot! Don't remember if we could "buy" guns there, but they sure had a lot of stuff.

BTW, the Puyallup, WA show last weekend was very good to me -- picked up almost $300 worth of "stuff" that's on its way back to me via FedEX -- couldn't get most of it past those alert folk @ TSA, even in checked luggage (heh, heh). [smile]

TTFN,
"Point Blank" Frank
:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom