• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best gun shops on the south shore

Mass Firearms always have been professional. Let you pop off a few shots too in the range if they're not backed up busy if you buy one of theirs

Nice folks at Gun Runner in Middleboro. Mom and pop shop with a good variety. They wouldn't let me test-fire the Gatling-looking thing behind the shop, but pretty agreeable otherwise. www.thegunrunnerllc.com

They also have range-free eggs for $3 a dozen.
They are some tough people. When the gov went to shut them down for covid he rubbed the paper on his ass and told them to pound sand. Good shop

I have had good luck with M & M Plimoth Bay Outfitters. They were always nice and even if I hadn't been there in 6 months they remembered my name. I bought 6 rifles from them when I lived down there. The last time I bought anything there was 6 years ago.

But ... a few members here have nothing but bad things to say about them.

I also know they lowball big time when trying to buy "high end" target shooting handguns.
They also charge sales tax on a simple transfer

I liked zero hour. Got plenty of bad advice there, but at least they had some cool guns.

Their sales tactics using fear mongering. "Better buy this now because..." was relentless and funny. People actually listened and bought stuff. I used to just sit on the casting couch there and watch people eat that shit up and throw money at them, don't blame Jim for doing it. If people are stupid enough to listen, take their money.

Their sales tactics using fear mongering. "Better buy this now because..." was relentless and funny. People actually listened and bought stuff. I used to just sit on the casting couch there and watch people eat that shit up and throw money at them, don't blame Jim for doing it. If people are stupid enough to listen, take their money.
Right? One time Jim was telling me I should buy an Arsenal SGL21 because Obama was going to ban Russian imports. Can’t believe I fell for it!

I pop into outback arms once in a while. I bought a sig in there a while back and would occasionally grab a can of garande ammo. Havnt been there in a while, they always seemed cool to me

Outback arms is not to far away from me. I bought a sig in there a while back and would occasionally grab a can of garande ammo from them. They always seemed cool to me 👍

On the South Shore, Sportsmans’ Den in Quincy. Ron Hidalgo has always taken good care of me and I try to reciprocate. M&M is hit or miss. If I get the salty old bird, no thanks. For some reason she hates my ass. Not sure why, always been courteous to her. The skinny dude (Dave?) is solid. Really good guy. Always good service with him. Not sure if Peter is still there or not, but if so, all legitimate questions are answered with Fudd sarcasm. Now that I’m in NH, MA is pretty much dead to me. I’ll still pop into the Mill though when I’m down there. Only thing in MA close to resembling free state experience.

Speaking of Zero Hour Arms, and the Mill for that matter, what the hell is it with gun store parking lots looking like no man's land from a WWI battlefield?

SoSho > SoCo
Ha ha, good ol' Renker Drive. My mechanic is right around the corner from where Zero hour used to be so I still get to experience that rutted washboard every once in a while. 🤣

Back
Top Bottom