Best gun shop in New Hampshire, price wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMX

What shop has the best prices? Massachusetts has Four Seasons who's prices are rarely beat by other gun shops in the state but what would be New Hampshires equivalent to that?

What shop has the best prices? Massachusetts has Four Seasons who's prices are rarely beat by other gun shops in the state but what would be New Hampshires equivalent to that?

What are you looking to buy? Based on your reference to Four Seasons I assume its limited to new guns of the popular/carry/defense nature?

I ask because the general type might drive which shop is competitive in the segment. It isn't going to help you much if I give you a shop that has good prices on Browning O/U guns is it?

What are you looking to buy? Based on your reference to Four Seasons I assume its limited to new guns of the popular/carry/defense nature?

I ask because the general type might drive which shop is competitive in the segment. It isn't going to help you much if I give you a shop that has good prices on Browning O/U guns is it?

I'm looking for a M&P 15-22. It's a rifle I'd be able to buy in New Hampshire so I'm looking for a new one at a good price. Shooters Outpost had them used for 450 which is a lot..maybe I was looking at the wrong tags idk, I should of asked.

Since your last 2 threads are 'wutz the cheapest shield price' and 'what's the cheapest gun store in NH', let me give you some unsolicited advice:

Saving 20 bucks on a gun and spending 20 bucks on gas after researching for 2 hours isn't a savings

Consider establishing a relationship with a local gun store instead of being an NES skinflint. So the LGS is here long term.

And you don't need to travel to a different state to buy an M&P 15-22. They are regularly for sale in MA, I bought one here at a LGS.

Last edited:
Since your last 2 threads are 'wutz the cheapest shield price' and 'what's the cheapest gun store in NH', let me give you some unsolicited advice:

Saving 20 bucks on a gun and spending 20 bucks on gas after researching for 2 hours isn't a savings

Consider establishing a relationship with a local gun store instead of being an NES skinflint. So the LGS is here long term.

And you don't need to travel to a different state to buy an M&P 15-22. They are regularly for sale in MA, I bought one here at a LGS.

I've never been called a skinflint before, lol I'm not sure how I feel about that. There's nothing wrong with looking for a deal, that's all I'm trying to do.

http://fsguns.com/fsg_new_lg.html

S&W M&P 15-22 Sport .22LR rifle
5631bb6a-c656-47ea-9074-fda01a53dbf1.jpg

$389.95 cash, check or debit $399.95 credit

Yep available at Four Seasons for Price listed above.

I usually go with a small pool casual RFQ approach. I have a handful of stores that I call and ask: do you carry this? What price? Is it in Stock? If not when would you reasonably expect more?

I usually tell them what the "low bid" FS price is and then ask if they can get within X% (usually 10-15%).

Even with that approach there is at least 1 shop that have repeatedly tried to buy stuff and they can never seem to get competitive. They are on a cosmic path of either not carrying what I want or having it at obscene prices. At this point I might have to drop them from my list and replace them with a shop where I keep finding good used deals.

This. In spades. And when you suddenly get an itch to purchase something that, though perfectly legal in Mass, is hard to get because of limited supply, that LGS that you'll be supporting will make a big effort to obtain it for you and also not gouge you in the process. It can be a two-way street as I found out last year when I absolutely had to have a very particular Performance Center handgun that NOBODY had in stock at the time. One of my go-to FFL's scoured the country for me.

^this!

I have found Peter at Northeast Munitions to be very competitive, price wise. Great guy too.

THIS!!! Especially on something so cheap as a 15-22...

Buds Guns or Grab a gun and transferred at small FFL in Ossipee NH for $20. More than happy to do transfers all day long.

Not everyone is swimming in the dough.

I get it, "this".

You you want the best price. I get it. I have to ask though, if saving $20 is such a huge deal to you, should you be buying a firearm? Perhaps that money is better spent somewhere else. Gas, rent, bills, etc.

Not trying to be a jerk, but if you're that poor perhaps now isn't the time.

You you want the best price. I get it. I have to ask though, if saving $20 is such a huge deal to you, should you be buying a firearm? Perhaps that money is better spent somewhere else. Gas, rent, bills, etc.

I suffered for awhile after getting rid of my ex, I sold guns and didn't buy any... and eventually saved up money for when I could start again. Fussing over a few bucks so I could just barely buy a "luxury" gun (eg something that wasn't an essential firearm) didn't seem like a good idea at the time- because that meant if I cut it close I was just going to have to sell the damned thing anyways. My objective going forward became after a certain point "I want to be in a position where I never have to sell a gun again for the rest of my life" because with a handful of exceptions, I generally hated doing it. Even getting rid of guns I didnt use was still a pain in the ass.

-Mike

If you can save money why wouldn't you, it has nothing to do with being poor. I like to save as much money as I can on a hobby.

I'm looking for a M&P 15-22. It's a rifle I'd be able to buy in New Hampshire so I'm looking for a new one at a good price. Shooters Outpost had them used for 450 which is a lot..maybe I was looking at the wrong tags idk, I should of asked.

Collectable in MERR was advertising the MP 15-22 at 325

If you can save money why wouldn't you, it has nothing to do with being poor. I like to save as much money as I can on a hobby.

You live in Lynn. FS guns is closer than about any shop in NH. You will burn more in gas than you'll save. I have a cousin that's cheap like you. Few years ago he was without a car. Asked me to help him go buy a used rowboat with my truck. I drive him 3 hours one way to get to the house. Seller was asking $200. My cousin tried to dick him down to $175. Seller would not budge. My cousin looked at me and said "let's go". I walked around him and paid they guy the $200 amd my cousin gave me the stank eye. We got in the truck to drive home and he had the balls to act pissy......."I was trying to save. Few bucks why did you buy that from under me". I said i don't have the time or the ****ing gas money to bring your cheap ass back up here next weekend for a measly $25 bucks....Give me the $175 and it's yours.

Something tells me you and my cousin would hit it off well.....You could sit around sip tea and swap coupons.

Last edited:

Because there's these neat little things called "hidden costs". Like the gas and your time, etc. Driving 120 miles to save $20 on a cheap .22 rifle is kind of a fools errand. On the other hand if I can correlate my trip with other stops, that's not so bad.

For example if FS has a rifle on sale for $300 and my guy in NH has it for $300, but he's another hour away (round trip time) I have to evaluate whether or not its a better idea to just pay the $18.75 in sales tax vs driving that distance and the value of the fuel and my time.

Of course there's another transaction cost. You could drive to NH and discover that version of the rifle sold there isn't legal here. Then have to pay compliance cost to get it neutered. When it comes out in the wash the rilfe might even be more expensive in NH.... because of the neutering problem, assuming they don't stock mass versions. Very few NH shops sell mass neutered guns. Shooters outpost does here and there but that's about it, and it's not always consistent. Plus I would bet their price isn't far off from FS or a few other mass shops.

-Mike

Something tells me your that kinda guy.

You're wrong. I've bought a few guns off of here and not once tried to talk a person down because they where fair prices. Buying new, the prices aren't always fair. If FS has a gun for 300 and another has it for 240, the shop with 240 will get my money and it's almost not even about the money but the fact that the shop isn't trying to jerk you.

I'm far from cheap I just refuse to be taken advantage of.

Because there's these neat little things called "hidden costs". Like the gas and your time, etc. Driving 120 miles to save $20 on a cheap .22 rifle is kind of a fools errand. On the other hand if I can correlate my trip with other stops, that's not so bad.

For example if FS has a rifle on sale for $300 and my guy in NH has it for $300, but he's another hour away (round trip time) I have to evaluate whether or not its a better idea to just pay the $18.75 in sales tax vs driving that distance and the value of the fuel and my time.

Of course there's another transaction cost. You could drive to NH and discover that version of the rifle sold there isn't legal here. Then have to pay compliance cost to get it neutered. When it comes out in the wash the rilfe might even be more expensive in NH.... because of the neutering problem, assuming they don't stock mass versions. Very few NH shops sell mass neutered guns. Shooters outpost does here and there but that's about it, and it's not always consistent. Plus I would bet their price isn't far off from FS or a few other mass shops.

-Mike

The other factor not considered is instead of dinking around searching the net for a $20 better price you could already own the rifle and be shooting it......Instead of dinking around on the net. [rofl]

You're wrong. I've bought a few guns off of here and not once tried to talk a person down because they where fair prices. Buying new, the prices aren't always fair. If FS has a gun for 300 and another has it for 240, the shop with 240 will get my money and it's almost not even about the money but the fact that the shop isn't trying to jerk you.

I'm far from cheap I just refuse to be taken advantage of.

Not one tried to talk someone down on nes? That's not what I've heard!

And your telling me youd pay 240 on a gun 100 miles away vs 300 on the same gun down the street? There's something wrong with you. Really.

The other factor not considered is instead of dinking around searching the net for a $20 better price you could already own the rifle and be shooting it......Instead of dinking around on the net. [rofl]

lol.. "Dinking" around.

I'm going to pick one up in a hour or so, price is fair. [emoji106]

I typically don't try to hardass the small shops on price.

Running a small business is expensive, and these folks have to eat too.

Not one tried to talk someone down on nes? That's not what I've heard!

And your telling me youd pay 240 on a gun 100 miles away vs 300 on the same gun down the street? There's something wrong with you. Really.

200 Miles is $20 of fuel for me... That's $40 I can spend on ammo. Sorry that you cannot get over people being smart with their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom