• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best feeling in the world....!!!

So, I just walked in the door from a long day at work...I slept maybe 3-4 hours each night for the past 5 nights, I work 12 hour days plus 2.5 hours of commuting...14.5 hour days....long!! I walk in the door and my full bred german shepherd tackles me...tail wagging....knocking me over...does it get better than this kind of friendship? I don't think so....

Dogs are unbelievible My wife was away for a week and this little "Girl" was like my shadow.

P6200299-1.jpg

My dog is by my side most times, I work from a home office. Some of you might remember a few posts by me about him in the past. He's 11 now, I help him with the stairs, etc. but his heart is good, so I hope he stays with me a while longer.

to end my rambling, yes, it is an awesome thing when your dog greets you. :)

No dogs anymore, but our parrot starts calling to me (or to the wife) when either one of us pull into the driveway and won't stop till she gets a kissy or her neck scratched. Jack.

Ah, Jack..... wait a minute.... A one eyed fortune teller with a Parrot?????? You're kidding, right???[wink][laugh]

Ah, Jack..... wait a minute.... A one eyed fortune teller with a Parrot?????? You're kidding, right???[wink][laugh]

The reason for the parrot is that with luck, she will outlive us. Can't take the heartbreak that comes with losing dogs anymore. Problem is that she requires more attention than a dozen assorted kids, dogs and cats combined. You have to have one to know. Also, one of her favorite toys is a small ammunition feeding device. One of the few things she can't chew up or take apart. Can't give her a hi-cap, she only has a class B. Jack.

The reason for the parrot is that with luck, she will outlive us. Can't take the heartbreak that comes with losing dogs anymore. Jack.

I'm more worried about how my dog would feel if "I" died first??!! Am I the only one?

You're right Jack, parrots do live over a hundred. And he won't miss you anyway.... I mean it's not like you're a pirate or anything resembling that!!! [wink]

Last edited:
I love my wife dearly, but one of the great advantages of having your dog greet you at the door is that if you come home smelling of another dog, they just find it "interesting".

I have two dogs that I love but nothing is better than having my 18 month old daughter meeting me at the door. This will probably change when the teen years come... [smile][rolleyes]

My oldest dog has a huge tumor in his spleen that is inoperable. The vet thought since it didn't spread that he would live a long happy life. They opened him up and the tumor had a trunk that was full of blood vessels and they told us if they but that most likely he would bleed to death. So we took him home. He's doing good and I can't think of the day when we have to put him down.

Funny story, I once took him hunting with me and he encountered a porcupine... Yup of course not being trainined he tried eating it. Came back with goatee and a bracelete made of quills. lol. I usually just bring my GSP but evertime I leave he cries and I feel guilty for taking one and not the other. I had to borrow pliers from the truckers that were driving up and down the road. I had to strattle him so I could pull out the quills. He never tried to bite me or even growled at me.

Back
Top Bottom