• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best/favorite deer/pig hunting rifle?

Manlicher Schoenauer. Seeing as how they're nigh impossible to find and expensive, I'd like to build a copycat out of A 6.5 Swedish Mauser someday.

That or a Falling Block Carbine in .44 Magnum

go w the lever action in something like 30 30, they are small, easy to use and if you get a used one you wont have to worry about scratching it up in the woods.

Took my last 3 deer with a Savage 170c in 30-30. I've got pig guns but no pig.
Got my moose 2 years ago with a CZ full stock in 9.3x62, put 3 big metric bullets in him, he didn't go 5 yards.

Howa Ranchland Compact in Camo, 20'' barrel .308. I took a few feral hogs out with this rifle in SC from 80-200yrd ranges. It's light easy to carry and extremely accurate.

Yup, I chased this guy for 5 days finally got him on a rail road cut across a swamp. He was asleep on the rails facing the other direction, got up and I dropped him with his butt on the rail facing this way.

DSC_0068_zpsede0ea40-1_zpsb03ac191.jpg
[/IMG]

Among all the interesting things I have. I will admit that my go to rifle for hunting is my Marlin 1895G. Seems to be perfect medicine in the woods.

Back
Top Bottom