best earplug hearing protection recommendation

sick of my earmuff hearing protecters getting in the way, and sliding off when bench rest shooting, most earplugs i have tried are cheap and don't work well. recommend some earplugs that work and will not break the bank

Howard Leight “Max” or “Laser-Lite”, depending on your ear canal size.

Or if you have curly-Q ear canals that don’t lend themselves to foam earplugs, custom ones made by an audiologist using a two-step molding process to compensate for shrinkage. The one-step “while you wait” style will never fit properly because the material shrinks as it cures.

Molded plugs....I got mine from ear safety systems....he injects the mold into your ears lets it set for 10 min and mails them out a few weeks later or you see him at a local match/club and pick them up. I also use them for work chainsaws, heavy equitment, jack hammer etc . Sometimes after big matches he gets backed up and it takes a bit longer

Howard Leight in ear disposable. Best ear protection around in my opinion. No they are not amplified. No you can not connect comms to them. Yes they are simple and work very well for me.

SureFire. I have molded plugs, the best Peltors you can buy, and the little EarPros are by far my favorite. They’re cheap, nothing to break, no battery to die, can fit in your pocket, allow you to still hear conversations.

If I'm shooting out in the wide open area all's I ever need is cheap foam plugs. I like Moldex Spark Plugs. If i'm shooting under a firing line canopy that can resonate sound, now this is a whole different animal. For this situation I use double hearing protection, I use foam plugs and Peltor electronic muffs modified with silicone gel ear pads. I tend to use a low cheek weld (almost a chin weld) and this allows for more comfortable rifle shooting with muffs. I wear glasses and this makes muffs even more of an uncomfortable pain in the ass but i've learned to adapt for the sake of keeping my hearing.

Back
Top Bottom