Best. Deal. Ever.

So I was jokingly giving my wife a hard time about buying _another_ purse (she has so many she will soon need a separate closet for them), and I said to her maybe I should buy a new gun every time you buy a purse!

She replied: Ok!

[shocked][shocked]

[kiss]

[party]

Mrs. M1911 and I have a deal. I don't count the pairs of shoes in her closets and she doesn't count the guns in the safes.

Isn't it amazing that when we are younger and want to buy something such as a gun or a car etc. we just save the money and buy it. Then, we get married and now we have to justify buying anything??? I thought married life was supposed to be better? Better for who??? Must be the wife!!!!

Then they wonder why we sneak around. The best thing the wife and I did was set up a fun money account where I put "X" amount per month and that's my money to do whatever I want. So I use that and sometimes dip into our money as well. hehe

I have just been neglecting to notify my wife lately when new firearms find their way into my safe. It's like my own version of a don't ask/don't tell policy.[smile]

Isn't it amazing that when we are younger and want to buy something such as a gun or a car etc. we just save the money and buy it. Then, we get married and now we have to justify buying anything??? I thought married life was supposed to be better? Better for who??? Must be the wife!!!!

Then they wonder why we sneak around. The best thing the wife and I did was set up a fun money account where I put "X" amount per month and that's my money to do whatever I want. So I use that and sometimes dip into our money as well. hehe

Oops, sounds like I touched a nerve there. [wink]

My wife and I both make good money, we can both (within reason) buy what we want without asking "permission", we do however keep each other informed of any major purchases because we don't want to be in debt (except the mortgage): our main financial rule is spend less than you earn each month... if you can do that everything else falls into place.

+1 Some of those things are $500+

and guns aren't? [smile]

Good thing is she goes for the look rather than the brand name, and it has been a few years since she bought one that was more than $100, I definantely come out on top in this "deal" [wink][grin]

Wow, and I thought I had a good deal. I'm cleared on a gun for every 12 pair of shoes.

Although, she won't count good deals like the time I saw a Kreighoff drilling for $650 - and then we saw the extra zero and that blew the deal.

My Uncle and Aunt have a deal like that... MY aunt collects little frogs. And my Uncle said that for every new frog that she gets, he gets a gun.

So, I make sure to buy her something froggy every year for Christmas and the like... It's Karma... LOL!

And, they don't have any kids... See where I'm going with this??

I'm always amazed that wimmen will pay a gazillion dollars for some crappy shoes that they can't walk in, or some lousy other crap just because it has "gucci" or some other creeps name stamped in it, when they could have gotten something that looks the same in Target for $29.95.

At least most guys know when the gun we buy is truly worth the money we spend on it.

I'm always amazed that wimmen will pay a gazillion dollars for some crappy shoes that they can't walk in, or some lousy other crap just because it has "gucci" or some other creeps name stamped in it, when they could have gotten something that looks the same in Target for $29.95.

At least most guys know when the gun we buy is truly worth the money we spend on it.

Very true, my wife likes it when I buy a gun and I tell her that it will probably appreciate in value over time "especially if those damn dems start banning stuff again" [smile]

Back
Top Bottom