Best ccw in semi auto?

magna,

it's great that you're getting a lot of great ideas on guns from people, but there are a lot of things to consider when looking for a gun for concealed carry.

1. your body type- different shapes "hide" better than others
2. How do you dress? wearing a suit everyday -vs- jeans and t shirts -vs- sweat pants
3. What do you shoot well? Being able to carry a S&W 500 does you no good if you cant hit anything with it.
4. If you're planning to carry at work, what do you do (not the actual job), but do you sit all day? are you constantly bending?

There are many other factors, but these are a good start.

There are plenty of great guns that are great carry guns. A good friend of mine can carry a full size 1911 and (knowing where it is) I would never be able to tell he was carrying. I've tried to carry a similar gun and would have been better off trying to hide it in plain sight.

I will say this. . . if you decide to carry either IWB or OWB, spend the money on a good belt. It makes a world of difference.

magna,

it's great that you're getting a lot of great ideas on guns from people, but there are a lot of things to consider when looking for a gun for concealed carry.

1. your body type- different shapes "hide" better than others
2. How do you dress? wearing a suit everyday -vs- jeans and t shirts -vs- sweat pants
3. What do you shoot well? Being able to carry a S&W 500 does you no good if you cant hit anything with it.
4. If you're planning to carry at work, what do you do (not the actual job), but do you sit all day? are you constantly bending?

There are many other factors, but these are a good start.

There are plenty of great guns that are great carry guns. A good friend of mine can carry a full size 1911 and (knowing where it is) I would never be able to tell he was carrying. I've tried to carry a similar gun and would have been better off trying to hide it in plain sight.

I will say this. . . if you decide to carry either IWB or OWB, spend the money on a good belt. It makes a world of difference.

glad you posted this... i go IWB 90% of the time because i don't wear coats. once in a blue moon, i'll wear a jacket and will go OWB or shoulder holster for the rare occations (i.e. warm up suits, jogging clothes ect).. but it's rare because I don't normally carry to work. when i'm off, it's jeans, long sleeve shirts or a sweater.

If I may, I'd suggest starting with something you can conceal in a pocket holster. If you can. It is the easiest to conceal and you can broaden your carry methods from there.

Do u think the 40c would be comfortable iwb?

I carry mine IWB regularly.
Last time I bought some new clothing , I bought a few pairs of pants an inch larger than I usually wear and find it easier to carry IWB.
If I can get away with it, I sometimes wear suspenders. That makes for really comfortable IWB carry, for me at least.
Sometimes during the summer when it is hot and I cant wear a lot of clothing I carry a Walther clone in .32.
The .40 just feels too heavy and hot ,sometimes, in the summer.
Better than nothing and it is small and slim and light.
To each his own I guess. I suppose that is why many of us own more than one carry gun.
Gotta try em all out, you know? [grin]

Smith still makes the 4513, i have one in 45acp. it carries well
and shoots very good. with the right holster you'll never know its
there. I also think you 'll find a few used ones.

the nice feature is it decocks.

JimB

Hello Magna...If you are set on an auto...S&W 9mm 3913 8rds + 1 or S&W 457 .45ACP 7rds + 1 could fill the bill....Both great weapons and very reasonable to purchase and they are very reliable.... They have a slim profile and are lightweight..I would advise a cloth IWB holster for these....The nylon is breathable and if it fits the gun well, itwill fit your body better and allow for better freedom of movement. If you can go to a revolver, a lightweight snub nose 5 or 6 round is to me, the way to go. You can have it in any pocket or IWB nylon holster or pocket holster and hardly know you have it on you....Stick a speed strip or a speed loader in a pocket and you have 10 to 12 rounds to get you througt the situation. With some practice it can be very acurate....Throw a Crimson Trace laser on it and you are good to go. I have tried quite a few carry weapons...It's taken me a long time,and trial and error but I found this works for me. You will always have it with you, the larger heavier guns seem to spend more time at home...Just my 2 cents.....Good Luck in your quest

Back
Top Bottom