Best Budget 9mm 1911?

For new, my vote goes for RIA. Might want to consider a 2011 in the event you ever move to a free state, or some challenges passes SCOTUS you can just buy new mags and be at standard capacity.
The title of this thread is "budget 9mm 1911". A 2011 is not quite what I would call a "budget" 9mm 1911.

Have any 9mm 1911s incorporated the magazine wizardry a la the Sig 365? Keep the standard grip width (or very slightly more) of a standard 1911 but increase the capacity a good bit?

The title of this thread is "budget 9mm 1911". A 2011 is not quite what I would call a "budget" 9mm 1911.
Which why I said to consider one if the thicker grip is on the table, otherwise a RIA 1911 is a perfectly fine starting point.

Rock Standard unless you like standard GI sights. You will not get better bang for buck.

Last edited:
Which why I said to consider one if the thicker grip is on the table, otherwise a RIA 1911 is a perfectly fine starting point.

Rock Standard unless you like standard GI sights. You will not get better bang for buck.
I'd argue a Tisas Duty d9 or d45 is as good or a better bang for the buck.

Better finished, forged frame and slide, and runs better out of the box. I've had both, paid less for the Tisas, and would pick the Tisas all day long over a Rock. Both are made overseas anyway.

Last edited:
i would totally agree with a premise of 'budget 1911' to be a non-sense, as you do not want to own anything like that and deal with the issues.
it is like a buying a pre-owned half broken budget ferrari.

not to say, if we talk of 9mm there - it is difficult to find something better and more cost effective than a shadow 2 or other comparable CZ.

I'd argue a Tisas Duty d9 or d45 is as good or a better bang for the buck.

Better finished, forged frame and slide, and runs better out of the box. I've had both, paid less for the Tisas, and would pick the Tisas all day long over a Rock. Both are made overseas anyway.
Mark, my dealer has a SDS, I guess it is the Tisas? 9MM for $429?

Mark, my dealer has a SDS, I guess it is the Tisas? 9MM for $429?
Yes...Tisas is imported by SDS. Not a bad price at all if its a Duty 9. I paid 399, but also had a transfer fee.

I put some gunn grips from Amazon for like 25 bucks on it and its decent looking. The black rubber grips are kinda ugly to me, but functional, nothing wrong with them.

Back
Top Bottom