• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best Basic AR book

Knob Creek

NES Member
A buddy of mine down in N Carolina picked up his first AR just before this recent madness. I've got several books on the AR myself but what would be a good book to recommend for someone who is a new AR owner?

I have these which have been really good for me in my 2 builds. I am new to AR's.

BARNES & NOBLE | Gunsmithing - The AR-15 by Patrick Sweeney

BARNES & NOBLE | The Gun Digest Book of the AR-15 by Patrick Sweeney | NOOK Book (eBook), Paperback

9780873499477_p0_v1_s260x420.jpg

9781440208997_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG

As for build info I found the forums to have plenty of info.
Ar15.com here on nes and you tube
I did find a few books at my library that where very interesting.
One was the history of the AR15 the other was more about stoner himself and armalite.
I was shocked at the number of books available in the library network.
I would find out what he wants to know. How to build them, shoot them, fix them ect ect

The Marine Corp Tech Manual. TM-05538C-23&P/2 (I think)
Seriously, everything that is known about the AR. And it's cheap.

Beyond that, Glen Zediker's "The Competitive AR15; The Mouse That Roared" will tell you everything you need to know about making one accurate.

Last edited:
Downloaded 'Gunsmiting the AR' mentioned by ntomsw onto my Kindle last night. Did a quick readthrough and it looks pretty good.
Thanks for the recommendation.

I have this one AR15 book. It has about 8 years on the others posted earlier. I find that newer information is pretty much better than older. YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom