Best backpack

I figure something like this has already been asked and answered numerous times, based on my experiences in the other forums, but a search didn’t turn up what I was looking for.

Anybody have any good recs on some backpacks that would work well in a scenario situation. Something that would store a 10/22 takedown, pistols, ammo, etc?

thanks

Eastpak if you’re going for cheap but durable, simple pocket-compartments.

Osprey if you’re going for expensive, durable, weatherproof more unusual compartments.

Almost all my gear is surplus. I think my pack is Swedish, could be Finnish. I bought it 30+ years ago. It will fit most anything I need and has plenty of cinches to keep the load tight.

Depends upon what 'scenario' means. Take a look at this system. I've used this pack on some 130 mile treks with a relatively heavy load:

Very comfortable and in fact the best heavy load pack I have carried. The 'seat pad' / gear strap-down does and should come off to save a little weight. It's not light but the trade off is comfort and stability. I have the 3-color desert camo version, though there is a woodland camo version that is easier to find.

FWIW, the guy in the video does not have his properly strapped down. This pack is rock solid once strapped down.

I use one of those in the M05 camo pattern as my range, mountain hiking, and hunting bag. I bought mine from Varuste (not Varusteleka) because at the time, Varuste had the better deals:

Savotta Jääkäri M | Day packs | Varuste.net English

The bag's very comfortable to carry around when filled with water, ammo, mags, range gear, etc. Sometimes I'll throw in a full ammo can in the backpack if I don't want to be bothered with carrying that separately.

There's two noteworthy cons:

*Make sure you zip up the top flap pocket when not in use or you may accidentally dump the pocket's contents into the bag; and
*The bag is one giant pouch, there's no real internal organization.

Other than that, I'm a happy customer.

The bag's styling is basically the direct opposite of Ospreys. So if you want a bag that's more soccer mom than Finnish light infantry, go with the Osprey. If you do want an actual military-style backpack, the Jaakari is great.

I use one of those in the M05 camo pattern as my range, mountain hiking, and hunting bag. I bought mine from Varuste (not Varusteleka) because at the time, Varuste had the better deals:

Savotta Jääkäri M | Day packs | Varuste.net English

The bag's very comfortable to carry around when filled with water, ammo, mags, range gear, etc. Sometimes I'll throw in a full ammo can in the backpack if I don't want to be bothered with carrying that separately.

There's two noteworthy cons:

*Make sure you zip up the top flap pocket when not in use or you may accidentally dump the pocket's contents into the bag; and
*The bag is one giant pouch, there's no real internal organization.

Other than that, I'm a happy customer.

The bag's styling is basically the direct opposite of Ospreys. So if you want a bag that's more soccer mom than Finnish light infantry, go with the Osprey. If you do want an actual military-style backpack, the Jaakari is great.
I only used it on a short hike, so far so good. I like the fact that it is waterproof without adding a backpack condom. I’ll keep the top flap pocket zipped, thx.
Seems like a really heavy duty/quality pack.
Its a keeper!

Back
Top Bottom