Best AR Muzzle Break/Compensator?

i like this one.
it's not too pricey and does the job well enough
aim just got them back in stock with free shipping.
i would recommend. much better functioning than YHM a2 look-alikes.
xALGSCB.jpg

I have the ares armor one. It has adjustable ports to redirect gas however you want. And it looks awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its interesting that all these answers came without anyone asking you:

1) Whats your budget
2) Do you want to be able to mount a suppressor to it?
3) Will you be competing? If so, what class?

With that said, my go to brake is the Miculek. Its $35 and works better than most.
It works far far better than circumferentially ported brakes like a the BattleComp or a dynacomp.

The down side is its a good bit louder than something like a Battlecomp.

If you aren't competing and are willing to spend a lot of money, the JP Rifles large comp is considered to be one of the best.

In general, spend some time googling 3-gun competition equipment. Thats where the rubber hits the road.

I remember my first comp, it was a Primary Arms. I thought it was awesome. Then I ran into Garry from Newington Gun Exchange at a gun show. He sold me an old beat up Miculek comp for $10 and it was much more effective than the Primarey Arms.

The thing to remember is you need to watch to see how your sights move off the target with recoil. A really good comp will allow you to keep the target in the field of view with a scope when you fire.

Also, don't forget that clocking the comp can be as important as what kind of comp you have. When you fire, the recoil causes your shoulder to open up towards the target. So if you are right handed, the gun not only recoils up, but recoils to the right as your body rolls.

The comp also needs to nudge the barrel to the left when you fire. You do this by orienting the top of the comp somewhere around 2 oclock so that it pushes both down and left.

I hope this makes sense. There are a bunch of other great comps. If I remember the Lund is very good. Ill find a link to a front sight article that is very good.

Don

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is:

http://www.multigunmedia.com/ar15-comps-pt-2.pdf

When will people learn? B R A K E. Muzzlebrake. The friggin thing won't take a lunch break, nor will it break during use (best case). It reduces felt recoil, means slowing backwards motion down. Is it really that complicated?
Why do I, the guy who has never been to an English or American school, have to point that shit out?

Its interesting that all these answers came without anyone asking you:

1) Whats your budget
2) Do you want to be able to mount a suppressor to it?
3) Will you be competing? If so, what class?

With that said, my go to brake is the Miculek. Its $35 and works better than most.
It works far far better than circumferentially ported brakes like a the BattleComp or a dynacomp.

The down side is its a good bit louder than something like a Battlecomp.

If you aren't competing and are willing to spend a lot of money, the JP Rifles large comp is considered to be one of the best.

In general, spend some time googling 3-gun competition equipment. Thats where the rubber hits the road.

I remember my first comp, it was a Primary Arms. I thought it was awesome. Then I ran into Garry from Newington Gun Exchange at a gun show. He sold me an old beat up Miculek comp for $10 and it was much more effective than the Primarey Arms.

The thing to remember is you need to watch to see how your sights move off the target with recoil. A really good comp will allow you to keep the target in the field of view with a scope when you fire.

Also, don't forget that clocking the comp can be as important as what kind of comp you have. When you fire, the recoil causes your shoulder to open up towards the target. So if you are right handed, the gun not only recoils up, but recoils to the right as your body rolls.

The comp also needs to nudge the barrel to the left when you fire. You do this by orienting the top of the comp somewhere around 2 oclock so that it pushes both down and left.

I hope this makes sense. There are a bunch of other great comps. If I remember the Lund is very good. Ill find a link to a front sight article that is very good.

Don

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is:

http://www.multigunmedia.com/ar15-comps-pt-2.pdf

Good info. But yeah, the Miculek is awesome but loud as ****, not that I care. Have you tried the Rainier XTC? I got it for $30 on Black Friday and am really happy with it. I'm running a lightweight 14.5" middy and it keeps it down perfectly.

Im shocked no one has said the YHM Phantom. I have the tooth version. Looks badass and got it for 25 shipped from midway

I tried the Miculek comp and was disappointed. I then tried the JP "Bennie Cooley" and found it to be much more effective. Price was about $70.

The JP comp is awesome but pretty long. Pretty loud too. I like the YHM phantom too for something a little more conservative. I'm also a fan of the PWS FSC - it's classified as a non flash suppressing device by BATFE.

ares armor... like everyone, you can put a set screw in the ports to control your recoil. i got mine set up and theres no muzzle lift when rapid firing

Surefire, that is if you don't want people sitting next to you at the range. My AR10 has one it's obnoxious but keeps the barrel from jumping around...

I just had the TROY Midevil (45.00)and The Stag one (30.00) installed at 1776 yesterday. I will find out how well they work sunday in Manchester. I wasnt about to spend 100.00 on a comp.

When will people learn? B R A K E. Muzzlebrake. The friggin thing won't take a lunch break, nor will it break during use (best case). It reduces felt recoil, means slowing backwards motion down. Is it really that complicated?
Why do I, the guy who has never been to an English or American school, have to point that shit out?

That makes more sense, sorry posted this late last night. But I appreciate the correction.

Silly French man... Take a break from talking about the difference a brake can make. Or stop breaking asses of those who don't bother to brake when coming to a stop sign. Just be glad you didn't break the brakes on the scooter you were on that time. You know, the one that you completely hid from view... [rofl2]

I've given up on people that use now where they should have put know. Or any of the variety of obvious typing errors made. Although with the current state of the schools in the US, maybe that's how they're being taught. IMO/IME it's easy enough to proof read your post before making it live. Or to correct it after you make it live (I've done that often enough).

As for the opening post question... I haven't used enough of the different ones to find one I like best. Or that I like better than the rest.

Because you're French?

To the OP's question, I run PWS FSC muzzle brakes on my AR10 and AR15 and they work very well. If you're not familiar with them, they are the OEM brake for the FN SCAR. If you live in a free state and have need for a suppressor, they also make suppressor compatible brakes.

Back
Top Bottom