Best AR-15 trigger

Just looking at the different triggers and styles for the AR-15 so I was wondering what the opinions are out there on all the different ones. What style you guys think is the best what company and all

Get the jp reduced power springs until you decide on a trigger group. Cost 11 bucks

I agree, depends on what you want the gun do do. I usually use Daniel Defense LPK's in basic builds because the triggers always seemed to get high praise but got a pleasant surprise recently after putting in a DPMS kit and finding the trigger was crisp with no gritty feel. Who knew? And for 45 bucks yet. If I wanted precision I'd try a Geisssele.

Get the jp reduced power springs until you decide on a trigger group. Cost 11 bucks

Add the 50 cent trigger job and you're there... The screws to do the 50 cent trigger job will run you about that much (a buck total IF you go someplace expensive). So for <$13 in parts, and a little time, you'll have a clean trigger with virtually zero creep.

/thread

I've had luck just polishing the trigger , then clipping one of the springs , then bending the other one . I forget what they call it.
My first ar was built with a rra lower parts kit and it was gritty .
After I polished it it was ok then I did the spring mods and it felt 100x better.

I've got a Geissele trigger and it's fricken sweet. They have a "low end" model that's as good as the high end model minus some cosmetics. That's what I bought and it's really nice.

Edit: it's the G2S model.

This message brought to you by the letter T and the number 9.

Clipping and bending springs are a great way to get light strikes. The hiperfire trigger is an excellent design that allows for a light trigger pull down to around 2.5lbs but still hits the primer very hard
http://www.hiperfire.com/products/

I know lol .
But compared to a shitty trigger it's much better till I had cash to buy some thing better .

The hip fire is a pretty bad ass trigger . I helped my friend do a build with one

Best trigger for the price IMO is the ALG Defense Combat Trigger (ACT), if your not looking for anything too fancy or expensive. Its a really smooth, worked nickel-teflon (not exactly sure) plated standard mil-spec trigger. Combine it with a JP Enterprises AR-15 Reduced Power Spring Kit and you should have a very smooth light (3.5LBS?) trigger pull where you could get good accuracy or "RPM"'s if your just looking to spit out hundreds of rounds of ammo cause you can. I got to 1000 rounds without a light primer strike running only steel case ammo, and also with out having cleaned or lubed the rifle during that duration.

Just looking at the different triggers and styles for the AR-15 so I was wondering what the opinions are out there on all the different ones. What style you guys think is the best what company and all

First you need to decide what kind of trigger you want. There's the 1911-type trigger, with a short travel and moderate trigger pressure, and the Glock-style, with more travel but perhaps lighter weight. The later comes in single and two stage versions. A two stage trigger is great for target shooting; you take up most of the pressure until you hit the second stage, then release the hammer when your sights are on target.

For action shooters, there's probably a real split between short and long trigger pulls. It probably depends on what kind of system you're used to.

Personally, my favorite is the Geiselle Super 3 gun, but then again I normally shoot a Glock. [grin]

The Black Rain drop-in is super nice, super light, super crisp and the reset is ridiculously short, good price too, try it.

There are two approaches. Improved geometry or lighten the load on the inferior geometry. Using lighter springs and clipping coils etc. is robbing Peter to pay Paul. You will have a better perceived trigger pull but at a reliability trade off. Polishing helps but is still putting lipstick on a pig. Going too far can render a rifle unsafe, especially without a clear understanding how everything works.

No doubt that the mil-spec trigger is the finest trigger available at <$5.00 a copy. The mid and high end aftermarket triggers are for the most part totally re-designed units made from far superior materials. Lets not kid ourselves, for a totally reliable, great feeling, clean breaking trigger you are going to spend $150+

American trigger corporation , AR15 gold trigger by far best trigger I have ever purchased came out of the box at 2 1/2 pounds breaks like glass , pricey but worth every penny

Best trigger for the price IMO is the ALG Defense Combat Trigger (ACT), if your not looking for anything too fancy or expensive. Its a really smooth, worked nickel-teflon (not exactly sure) plated standard mil-spec trigger. Combine it with a JP Enterprises AR-15 Reduced Power Spring Kit and you should have a very smooth light (3.5LBS?) trigger pull where you could get good accuracy or "RPM"'s if your just looking to spit out hundreds of rounds of ammo cause you can. I got to 1000 rounds without a light primer strike running only steel case ammo, and also with out having cleaned or lubed the rifle during that duration.

I think these are what he's talking about:

ALG Defense Combat Trigger-ACT-Tuned By Geissele

ALG Defense Quality Mil-Spec Trigger AR-15, LR-308 Small Pin .154" Single Stage Matte

I might as well jump in on this thread.

What do you guys recommend for my 308 AR build?
It will strictly be a bench gun, it will be my first precision type rifle so I figure I want very light and crisp.

Back
Top Bottom