• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best ammo selection in eastern MA

northeaststrading.com

attleboro ma. they have a big selection. what cartridge are you looking for specifically?

Uh oh. I missed something. I don't buy much ammo anymore I just reload. I do know their selection is good and their firearms prices seem pretty solid.

I stand corrected. Bring on the info boys

What's up with the guy at northeast trading

He's a rat. If he thinks another shop is selling guns that are not compliant with the AG's BS "consumer protection regulations" or if an out of state mail order vendor is shipping ammunition to MA residents, he calls up the AG's office and drops a dime. The AG then comes down hard on the shop or vendor. And apparently he has gotten some of his information right here on NES.

I have never, and will never, set foot into his shop.

wow i didn't know that. i always wondered who was dropping a dime on few suppliers that help us

wow i need to find a new shop. i had tried zero hour once but found them over priced. maybe that was just because obama had just come in to office and i was seeing the effects of that.

http://www.lawenforcementequipmentinc.com/contact-law-enforcement-equipment-inc-of-waltham-ma.htm

They have Win Ranger T-Series there and maybe even the Fed HST. I bought stuff from them last weekend. First time ever being there, they seemed like good people. Descent prices on the 50 round boxes of defense stuff I was looking for.

Hopefully this shop is ok, I just randomly found them when I called a different store, they told me about this place, and that they had the ammo I was looking for.

I don't see how it can hurt. We have a lot of brand new members who may not have heard about the rat. Better to inform them early and have the word spread far and wide.

I too will never set foot in Northeast Trading. I would never have known about it if the established members here hadn't brought it up around the time I first joined. So ya - every so often it should be rehashed.

I find that Carl @ FS has good ammo stock for my needs without driving 50 miles. If I'm in the area I'll buy from Northshore firearms since they have that newly expanded area.

I was at Bass Pro yesterday. Went in just to see what they had for 9mm selection/prices. The Remington 115 gr UMC was $14.99 and there were only 9 boxes of it on the shelf. The only other 9mm ammo was the Express and I think that was $34.99 a box. I took all the UMC that was there.

Just checked the Dick's flyer and the only ammo on sale this week is Turkey loads.

Where is the best JHP pistol ammo in MA or NH

Spend some time online looking for online vendors. They do exist. Some offer free shipping. But don't expect people to mention them openly.
Also see this interesting statement from GOAL regarding mail/online ammo sales: Mail Order Ammunition Sales Issues

Four Seasons probably has the best retail prices I have seen, and their inventory is pretty good. Walmart prices may be better but their inventory is really really bad.
Lot's of smaller shops have higher prices since they do not do the sales volume of Four Seasons.

Seems like NorthEast Trading post has some bad habits. That said they have a good selection of ammo - prices are much higher than you can get online and moderately higher than Four Seasons.

I have had some poor customer service experiences at NorthEast. On several occasions I have bought 9mm and .45 reloads from them. They charge a $2 deposit per box on top of the marked prices. In theory when you bring back the brass they give you your $2 back. In reality they will take empty .45 casings but they won't take 9mm because "they have too much". So the customer (me on several occasions) is left with the brass and is out the $2 per box deposit after having made the trip down there and given them the original business.

So, now I give a one fingered salute as I drive by N. Attleboro and head for Bullseye Shooting supplies down in little Rhodie. They honor your brass deposit and they even buy used brass. They have a good selection of ammo but they cannot match Four Seasons or online pricing. But I give them the business because they honor my good faith brass deposits and seem like decent folks.

Last edited:
If you don't reload or have the names of the companies that will/might/may deliver ammo to Mass (there are some!!), here is my $.02.

The two shops with the lowest prices for regular ammo (practice/plinking) are Four Seasons and Collectors in Stoneham (Walmart is even cheaper for most practice stuff). GFA Armstec in Natick has the cheapest defensive ammo prices I've seen for things like Golden Saber (9mm, 45ACP, 38Spcl, 357Mag, 380ACP). But if you live near a decent shop, use your head and factor in gas and what your time is worth.

Back
Top Bottom