• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best ammo for glocks?

Anyone know a good low recoil ammo for target shooting in a glock 19, 9mm? I know I cant shoot lead bullets, but I plan on putting a few thousand rounds down range in the next year or so and I would like to minimize any wear or damage if I can. Is it ok to shoot steel cased, or stick with brass? Thanks in advance guys......

i've read of guys going through extractors faster with some steel cased ammo, but if you shoot steel cased ammo a lot, you'd have saved the cost of a new one ($ 15 to $ 20) on a couple cases of ammo anyway. it's super easy to change too.

My glocks have eaten anything and everything I've ever fed them from $25 a box SD ammo down to $8 a box Brown Bear steel case ammo. 1000 rounds on one of those guns is nothing, feed it whatever you can find.

My glocks have eaten anything and everything I've ever fed them from $25 a box SD ammo down to $8 a box Brown Bear steel case ammo. 1000 rounds on one of those guns is nothing, feed it whatever you can find.

My 9mm Glock's shoot everything except M&M reloads out of Hillsborough N.H. They seem to jam at an average of twice per mag. Altough, I love M&M's .38 Special Wad Cutters for my S&W 627-5.

The most anemic commercial ammo I've seen is Speer Lawman Cleanfire. The regular Lawman's not very punchy - more or less normal power, maybe a little bit on the mild side - but the Cleanfire is about 50fps slower on the same bullet. 124gr will also typically have a less sharp recoil than 115gr.

Honestly, though, I think your Glock can take a lot more than you're giving it credit for. People shoot 600+ rounds in a weekend in Glocks in many classes without any real wear.

If you drop a C note for an aftermarket barrel, lone Wolf, BarSto, etc, with conventional rifling you can shoot lead without any worries about fouling.

If you save 10 bucks a box, on your 11th box you have broken even

FWIW, my glock eats as much Speer Lawman and Federal Champion as I can feed it. I've also never had any problems with the WWB I've fed it (both the target/range stuff and the "personal defense" stuff)

Back
Top Bottom