• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Best aftermarket 1911 mags

I agree. I actually picked up 2 of the Wilson ETM 8 round mags today at First Defense, and wow those things are awesome. You can load the rounds with no effort whatsoever. I have multiple factory Rugers, a couple of Colt's, but those 2 Wilson 8 rounders I bought today are amazing. That will be the 1911 mag I buy from here on out. [thumbsup]

What I like about the ETM magazine is that it is easier to seat the magazine in the gun when the chamber is full. The ETM mag body is just a bit longer than the mag body on the 47D.

My Tripp Research Cobra mags and Kimber KimPro Tac mags have all been 100% in my 1911's.

Tripps are up there at ~$35 each.

KimPro Tac mags are usually ~$30 but I actually just picked up a few more because I found them for $19 each from Glen's Army Navy: http://search.glensoutdoors.com/search?keywords=kimpro

You'll find that the majority of the online reviews for Tripp/KimPro Tac/Wilson/ChipMcCormick/Checkmate (who also happens to manufacture magazines for Colt, Dan Wesson, Ed Brown, Kimber) are all very good with a few exceptions here and there (to be expected... nothing is perfect). So you should be fine if you choose among that group.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom