• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

best 24 hour range in Mass?

I know Harvard is 24 hours, but it is quite expensive and far from where I live. Does anyone know any other ranges in Mass that are 24 hours and in the Middlesex area? Thanks in advance.

Hopkinton Sportsmens, www.hsasports.com, is 24x7 for the indoor range.

I disagree with the concept of Harvard as "quite expensive". They have 225 acres, almost too many ranges to count, and spend tens of $K per year in improvements - and its run as a "non-profit" - unlike a country club where there is an owner looking for a "Return on investment."

If you think a Harvard membership is pricey, just check into the prices of joining a golf club - or even paying greens fees to those which allow non-members.

I know Harvard is 24 hours, but it is quite expensive and far from where I live. Does anyone know any other ranges in Mass that are 24 hours and in the Middlesex area? Thanks in advance.

Mass Rifle Association in Woburn has two 24/7 ranges: one is a 50 foot gallery range and the other is a 25 yards all-purpose range. You can shoot pistols, rifles, and shotguns (slugs only) on the 25 yard range.

I know Harvard is 24 hours, but it is quite expensive and far from where I live
Huh? Expensive? It's $100 per year and you can work off half of that. So it's $50 per year and a few hours work.

If it's not close to you, that's one thing. But expensive? That I don't get.

Your title encompasses ALL of MA, but your post seems focused on Middlesex County.

Wrt the entire state, Braintree R&P is hard to beat for 24x7 access. TWO indoor ranges that you can use any hour of any day. Excellent outdoor facilities too, but since you can't shoot at them after dark they don't seem to count for 24x7.

Where it comes to outdoor facilities (restricted to daylight use), Braintree R&P (although excellent) has a lot of competition from a lot of clubs across the state.

Woburn Sportsman's Association in Bedford has access to the indoor range until midnight, however if you are in the range after midnight, you can keep shooting until you want. You just can't get into the range after midnight.

Adam

Mass Rifle Association in Woburn has two 24/7 ranges: one is a 50 foot gallery range and the other is a 25 yards all-purpose range. You can shoot pistols, rifles, and shotguns (slugs only) on the 25 yard range.

Isn't MRA the old Walnut Hill gun club from the 1800s? I was there as a guest about 12 years ago, and although I didn't like their outdoor range, I thought their indoor range was great.

Last edited:
Isn't MRA the old Walnut Hill gun club from the 1800s? I was there as a guest about 12 years ago, and although I didn't like their outdoor range, I thought their indoor range was great.

That's the one. It's just four years younger than the NRA.

I believe there used to be a 1000 yard range back when it was still in the boonies. Now, there's Route 128 instead.

Great for that after-work impulse buy. Doesn't matter if it's after dark or what day of the week, or if it's a long or short-arm, just take it to MRA and break it in [smile] Done that many a time with a new purchass.

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

I'm pretty sure members can shoot (at the indoor pistol range anyway) at the franklin countly league of sportsmans club whenever they want.

++ On BRP. Love it. Been a member for about a year now. Well ventilated indoor ranges with 24/7 swipe card access. Very nice people. I was there this weekend. Again.

Back
Top Bottom