Best 2 stage AR15 trigger

I'm thinking a toss up between Giselle and larue.

Thoughts? I want to upgrade mine.

Goal is for 3 gun, and other tactical style shooting.

Other goal is 300+ yards in the same hole
what weight range, do you want to be able to adjust it. Any limitations on trigger pull for 3 gun ? Is there any benefit or disadvantage of a 2 stage vs single stage for 3 gun?

Do you 3 gun shooters try to match your trigger pull across your 3 guns ?

Giselle… I run one in My m-16..

I’m not saying it makes any difference on full auto but it kind of does. And Semi its great.. You wouldn’t think it would even make a difference at all regardless of your set up. But once you use one try going back to your standard garbage.

what weight range, do you want to be able to adjust it. Any limitations on trigger pull for 3 gun ? Is there any benefit or disadvantage of a 2 stage vs single stage for 3 gun?

Do you 3 gun shooters try to match your trigger pull across your 3 guns ?
I'm trying to get into 3 gun and other competitive shooting. Right now I have a run of the mill Anderson LPK, and am in a modification kick, improving what I own to my liking compared to just buying another gun

I added a glock triggers edge kit to my glock 19, and am contemplating what to do for my ARs to improve what it has

I added a Juliet 3 micro magnifier as well to the one I'm upgrading. Contemplating how to make the trigger smoother, from a simple polish, to a full change.

Is a single stage better than a 2 stage?

I love my Geissele SSA, S3G triggers And Wilson Combat TTU triggers the most for 2 stages. I also have and love Larue MBT2S and CMC triggers. You can’t beat their 2 stage triggers for the price but for a little more money, the Geissele and WC are awesome.

Last edited:
@mcshooter I have both. A larue mbt 2 and a Timney impact. I prefer the Timney as it’s a single stage but either is a nice trigger.

Why do you like the single stage vs 2 stage

can't speak for 1911, as the only single i had was the anderson that came with the lower, and as we all know that is garbage.

i went with the rock river 2 stage, liked it so much, i bought another for my other AR.

i like the RR2 stage, as it feels nice, when i squeeze to the first detent. from there i know it's a nice crisp break to fire.

i'm not a serious shooter, just 100 yd steel plinker, so take my opinion for what it's worth

I'm trying to get into 3 gun and other competitive shooting. Right now I have a run of the mill Anderson LPK, and am in a modification kick, improving what I own to my liking compared to just buying another gun

I added a glock triggers edge kit to my glock 19, and am contemplating what to do for my ARs to improve what it has

I added a Juliet 3 micro magnifier as well to the one I'm upgrading. Contemplating how to make the trigger smoother, from a simple polish, to a full change.

Is a single stage better than a 2 stage?
I wont say one is better than the other but I can say there is a place for one or the other. I prefer my single stage if Im trying to hit steel at various distances quickly. No thought or secondary feel on the trigger needed. place finger and pop off the shot.
Shooting for the Xs in say service rifle I like the 2 stage.

Then there are rules of what ever game your playing: Service Rifle is 4.5lb min
I run RRA NM in my ARs for "service" rifle. Timney single stage 3 lb in my prone only slow fire set up and
The others have "mil spec" style triggers with polishing and spring mods till I like how they feel.

I have another single stage trigger unknown manufacture was given to me with some other random AR parts. Its light 1.25Lbs I dont like it. The "feel" is different and not very consistent. If it had some sort of over travel adjustment it might be better ?

Is finding people with the triggers for you to try not an option? Our attempts to describe how they feel probably won’t do them any justice.

The only ones I have so far are Triggertech and a Geissele sd3g. I prefer the break on the former and the reset on the latter. Assuming it’s set to the same weight, the wall on the Triggertech is more noticeable and the reset is faster on the Geissele so someone new to it might accidentally fire a second shot quick.

Geissele GS2 in my MA. Compliant AR build made a great rifle even better. Big sales on July 4 and black fri. as I recall . Best trigger I own.

I run Geissele SSA-E in all of my go-to platforms. it runs really well for me. I have Wilson TTU in another and MBT’s in 3 of my other AR platforms. For me the MBT’s that I have are too wide to be my go to. the SSA-E just feels natural for me. when I’m really running I don’t feel the 2 stages and I just love the reset. But when I want to slow down and take that accurate shot it really shines.

Is finding people with the triggers for you to try not an option? Our attempts to describe how they feel probably won’t do them any justice.

The only ones I have so far are Triggertech and a Geissele sd3g. I prefer the break on the former and the reset on the latter. Assuming it’s set to the same weight, the wall on the Triggertech is more noticeable and the reset is faster on the Geissele so someone new to it might accidentally fire a second shot quick.
I'm willing to try meet up, if you want to take it to PM, and if not too far

I hear Rare Breed makes a nice one. [devil]

Seriously though, Geissele SSA-E is great and can be found for $180 ish. Do not pay full price unless you like burning money. There are always sales happening.

Larue MBT is a good trigger and about $85.

I'm thinking a toss up between Giselle and larue.

Thoughts? I want to upgrade mine.

Goal is for 3 gun, and other tactical style shooting.

Other goal is 300+ yards in the same hole
LaRue is good at $100 price level.
A triggertech on sale for $150 with a #2.5 pull is better.
Usually either on Black Friday or later triggertech appears on sale. Not a diamond one - but this one:

I always bought Geissele triggers thinking they were the best, or at least triggers that I preferred. That was until I did more recent research and learned triggers have come along way. There are drop in triggers that seemingly blow Geissele out of the water. Not only are drop ins easier to install but some of them are less expensive and feel better than my SSA, SSA-E and G2S.

This guy really lead me down the rabbit hole of different triggers. I got a Rise Armament RA434 (single stage) based off this guy's review and I don't think I'll ever go back to Geissele. He's done a few videos of different popular triggers.

View: https://youtu.be/mxfYWVpYL4A

Back
Top Bottom