Bernie Sanders new Green New Deal @$16,000,000,000,000.00

CatSnoutSoup

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bernie's just announced his new plan to destroy America, while simultaneously enriching China...

Bernie Sanders’ version of the Green New Deal will accomplish the same nothing, but for a mere $16T

"To fight the deleterious effects of climate change, Sanders proposes the following allocation of public funds:

$40 billion for “frontline communities and “under-resourced groups” to “recover from, and prepare for,” climate change.
$200 billion for the Green Climate Fund.
$681 billion for “low- and moderate-income families and small businesses for a trade-in program to get old cars off the road.”
$1.52 trillion for investing in renewable energy
$852 billion to build “energy storage capacity.”
$526 billion for investing in a “modern, high-volt, underground, renewable, direct current, smart, electric transmission and distribution grid will ensure our transition to 100 percent sustainable energy is safe and smooth.”
$964 billion for “sliding-scale grants for low- and moderate-income families and small businesses to invest in cheaper electricity for these needs.”
$2.09 trillion in grants to low- and moderate–income families and small businesses to “trade in their fossil fuel-dependent vehicles for new electric vehicles.”
$85.6 billion for building “a national electric vehicle charging infrastructure network similar to the gas stations and rest stops we have today.”
$407 billion in “grants for states to help school districts and transit agencies replace all school and transit buses with electric buses.”
$216 billion to replace all diesel tractor trailer trucks with “fast-charging and long-range electric trucks.”
$300 billion to “increase public transit ridership by 65 percent by 2030.”
$607 billion for a regional high-speed rail system that would “complete the vision of the Obama administration to develop high-speed intercity rail in the United States.”
$30 billion for a solar energy storage initiative.
$100 billion to decrease the cost of a new electric vehicle to “at most $18,000.”
$500 billion to research technologies “to fully decarbonize industry.”
$150 billion to “fully decarbonize aviation and maritime shipping and transportation.”
$75 billion to improve roads, bridges, and other transportation infrastructure.
And much, much more.

The senator’s campaign promises the plan will pay for itself within 15 years, in part by making the fossil fuel industry “pay for their pollution, through litigation, fees, and taxes, and eliminating federal fossil fuel subsidies.” Who knew you could tax and sue $16 trillion out of a domestic industry with a market cap that is a small fraction of that amount?

Most interesting of all, however, is what is largely missing from the senator’s 35-page proposal.

China is mentioned only five times and India is mentioned once. Neither country is recognized explicitly for being the world's leaders in pollution, adding on more than enough carbon emissions to offset any U.S. reductions. Sanders’ proposal never once explains how he intends to address either country's carbon footprint. Nor could he."

:emoji_tiger:

Uzi2

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The money tree will have to be watered a little more frequently to get that amount of cash.

When a person throws those kinds of numbers around like they are dividing up a jar of change, their next destination should be a padded cell.

peterk123

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Bernie's proposal (and all his other proposals) is idiotic. However, I am very interested in reducing our power needs. I think one area where incentives should be provided for ALL, not just low income, is reducing reliance on the grid, and other forms of home efficiency. As I am getting closer to retirement, I have started to research the off grid concept because I think it is the right thing to do, provides self sufficiency if shit hits the fan and quite frankly it could be fun.

It seems that solar energy has come a very long way, although the storage is still costly (and then there is the disposal issue of batteries). Geo thermal heating is also an amazing idea, and it would greatly reduce strain on the grid during the summer, but it is costly to install. Tax credits against your income and interest free loans for these things make sense to me. I rather see tax dollars going toward this than free phones and god knows what else we just throw money at. The incentives would have to stay in place for generations because you cannot change a country overnight, like The Bern and others want to do.

Government incentives toward passive homes is another consideration. Still reading up on this though.

It is foolish for anyone to think that we can just get rid of fossil fuels. Not gonna happen. It is cheap and abundant. It is this cheap power that allowed all the "green people" to purchase their huge inefficient homes. Let's see their reaction if they would give their houses up to live in a small energy efficient house. It is because of cheap energy, that everyone has a home, a tv in every room, dishwashers, dryers, washing machines, satellites in space that make our phones work; I can go on and on. Not to mention shutting down an industry that makes up a significant portion of the economy would destroy the country...... oh did I just figure out the grand plan?

I would love just one of these politicians to walk the walk. No, we are not talking about carbon tax to offset what they own and use. Live it! Small home. Off grid power. Recycle gray water. Create some of your own food. Traditional food storage to reduce your refrigeration needs. No air conditioners unless the power is generated from your property. Fuel efficient vehicles, and no flying. And my favorite challenge: No plastic. Everything has to be renewable materials; maybe I will give you recycled as well. But until you are doing all that....shut the F#ck Up.

And while I am going off the rails here; let's talk for a moment about people like DeBlasio. You know, those who live in these concrete jungles called cities. He is telling me how I should be living this green life while all his city does is generate CO2 and no oxygen whatsoever. Nobody talks about that. Think about this for a moment. I saw a documentary on how the planet works. Supposedly all the oxygen produced by the Amazon (which is a ton load) is used up by all the life in the Amazon. I find that factoid incredible. Now consider Manhattan. Ya, I think Manhattan and other large cities are a much bigger problem than cow farts.

Win

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And that doesn't include the over 1.5 trillion student loan debt write-off. Bernie could could double the national debt in his first year [thumbsup]

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know what you guys are criticising this for.... Seems pretty legit to me.

Seriously though, I can't tell you how often I respond to calls at section 8 housing in the winter time where it's hot as balls in the apartment. The heat is cranked up to 90 and they have Windows cracked open because it's so hot inside.

And I'm supposed to drive an electric car?????? Eff all of these climate change dildos. Just like gun control, they are going after all the people that are NOT the problem.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It is foolish for anyone to think that we can just get rid of fossil fuels. Not gonna happen.
This can't be stated enough. There's a reason why gas and oil companies support the production of solar and wind energy, and that's because those types of power production rely on gas and oil power plants as a backup when the sun isn't shining or the wind isn't blowing. There would need to be a huge technological leap in storage technology before these renewable systems can be self sufficient on a utility grid scale.

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I can get on board with the power grid fixing, although if he says it will cost 526 billion, I expect the real number to be atleast 1.1 trillion
Since most of the power grid is run by private companies - why does it even show up here?

Shouldn't those private companies that are making the profit - bear the expense of upgrading their infrastructure?

Even Bernie the commie should be able to figure that one out.

calsdad

NES Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
The money tree will have to be watered a little more frequently to get that amount of cash.

When a person throws those kinds of numbers around like they are dividing up a jar of change, their next destination should be a padded cell.
Basing all of his arguments on "climate change" - just goes to prove he's a lying piece of shit.

The Earth's climate changes - that's what it does. Martin Armstrong has been pointing this out over and over again but the lying commies on the left just keep pushing their
climate change agenda. In the end it's all about money - so in effect what is going on in here is a GIANT grift. You're looking the world's biggest mega grift of all time. And
Bernie essentially just admitted how much they want to steal (short answer is "all of it")

Climate Change Has Not Impacted Polar Bears | Armstrong Economics

Why do these people insist that Climate Change is manmade when all the historical evidence shows it has always changed and there are cycles to it? The answer is simple. Money! They will sell out the human race to get their hand on money. They are not scientists for they distort the history for personal gain.

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sounds like the people proposing this own a MOSFET or circuit breaker factory
Honestly I think they're just dumb. Some aide with just enough scientology background pointed out one of the many drawbacks of wind and solar is they don't produce synchronous AC power and - viola - DC power grid. That'll work, eh?

Last edited:

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I can get on board with the power grid fixing, although if he says it will cost 526 billion, I expect the real number to be atleast 1.1 trillion
They're not planning to fix the old grid. This is a new DC underground power grid they'll be building. When you've never done anything real in your entire miserable life you can write ridiculous [email protected] like that with a straight face.

Last edited:

mibro

NES Member
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Excellent rant, peterk123. I'd love to do something like that myself. There's so much untapped potential in existing low technology. I don't want a smart house I want a really well built dumb house.

Low grade geothermal energy is a fascinating opportunity just for a start. Low cost year-round heating and cooling, after you've built it.

This creative man has been growing oranges in Nebraska year round. His low grade geothermal greenhouses are magical.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZD_3_gsgsnk

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya and DC power distribution was proven to be an abject inefficient failure a hundred years ago.
Actually, the really HV lines that run cross country are DC. Less loss than their AC counterparts at those distances. Now, putting 750KV wires up in the air is one thing. Putting them underground is going to be another. At those energy levels whatever digs them up simply disappears in a cloud of plasma.

Top Bottom